Another year another ball joint

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Another year another ball joint

Post by 04crewvt »

Well annual inspection is due for the crew this month so I took it in yesterday. They found the right lower ball joint was shot (again) 2nd time it's been replaced since I have had the truck and I still only have 70K on it. Going to spend the extra this time and see if the MOOG's will survive better. I guess crossing a rough railroad crossing twice a day when going to work and the slightly stiffened front suspension must be causing the cheap ones to fail.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Another year another ball joint

Post by killian96ss »

MOOG or PPM are the best choice!

Steve
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

PPM is all I run. I had my first set in my old Blazer and they are still good after 200,000 miles. It now has 280,000 on the clock. I have them in my crew now and have about 40,000 on them and still going.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

PPM??? Where do you get these?
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Power Performance Motorsports on the web. Also Synergy Offroad, he is a member here, Jiggs.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

MOOG joint in, inspection done, good till the next one goes which will be spring more than likely as the drivers side is just in spec now.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]