LOWERING

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

GN_GUY

LOWERING

Post by GN_GUY »

anyone ever lower a quad cab (not too much). i was thinking of this, maby some corvette wheels. lets see some pics. thanks...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: LOWERING

Post by HenryJ »

Check out Jim's truck in the readers rides thread. That is exactly what he did and a bit more 8)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I never understood buying a 4wd then lowering it... But I'm sure it can be done a more generic s series forum might hold more info.
GN_GUY

Post by GN_GUY »

fallvitals wrote:I never understood buying a 4wd then lowering it... But I'm sure it can be done a more generic s series forum might hold more info.
it would also be an AWD conversion if posible...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

In this case a four door two wheel drive was never offered. Many had the desire for a lowered ride and four doors. Jesse James did a 2wd conversion and added a longer box to his rendition. A couple more did their versions too.
A lowered AWD version would have been a nice touch. Turbo it and have the traction needed to hook it up. That would have made a fun ride.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
GN_GUY

Post by GN_GUY »

A lowered AWD version would have been a nice touch. Turbo it and have the traction needed to hook it up. That would have made a fun ride.[/quote]

exactly what im wanting to do. i want to do this to a truck but i still want room for 4 people, thats why the quad cab. it would go nice with my grand national. anyone who asks why anyone would want to lower a 4x4 has never drove or ridden in a syclone or typhoon. heres a link, although not quad cab. dont forget to click on the link in the thread. this guys S10 is one heak of a sleeper....

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f107/2nd- ... ne-386884/
Attachments
gn.JPG
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

A lowered AWD Crew with a V8 would be cool! The old Typhoons & Cyclones are still some of the fastest trucks ever made, and yes they are fun to drive!

Steve