speedo gears

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

botez2004

speedo gears

Post by botez2004 »

I'm planning to put 31 X 10.50's on my 2003 crew cab. Does anyone know what speedo gear I'm going to have to go with? I haven't pulled my original gear out yet but I'm sure someone on the list must have the correct info. The local chevy dealer has never been much help with this type of info. Any info is much appreciated!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: speedo gears

Post by F9K9 »

Everyone here has recalibrated using a Hypertech programmer. Not even sure we have a speedo gear like a lot of the heeps use on their 231 and 242 transfer cases. You might Google Yellr Box and ask them. I use the Yellr box on my heep and it is around $100 and works great. Jeepers and bike owners use them a lot!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
botez2004

Post by botez2004 »

Thanks for the info. Is it really spelled "yellr box"? I can't come up with anything on google.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Click on the highlighted link in his post it will take you there.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

roadrunner wrote:Click on the highlighted link in his post it will take you there.
Thanks, Bro! I take to much for granted. I went a step further than what I was taught.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]