Has my front end sagged?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

stukapilot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has my front end sagged?

Post by stukapilot »

I just bought this CC and I noticed that the front end is alot lower than the rear. Is this "Factory" or are they supposed to be level?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Has my front end sagged?

Post by HenryJ »

Factory.
GM has always had lots of rake. It could be that the torsion bars have settled some, but more often than not they are still in alignment which would indicate that there has not been a change in ride height.

Eventually , with use, the rear springs catch up to the lower stature in the front. If you tow or haul heavy loads regularly, this will come sooner rather than later.

I adjusted my torsion bars to level the truck. Later I added the BSW kit to the rear springs and then bumped the front a little higher again. Doing it all over again, I would wait until you have the rear set where you want it and then invest in one alignment instead of two.

That is a good reminder that these truck really do need an alignment check every 20k miles. That will give you a chance to catch things like ball joints and wheel bearings in need of repair before you tear up a set of tires.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK