Sway bar question

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Sway bar question

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

I just got my tires rotated and my mechanic said my sway bar was upside down. I took some pictures of it and i was hopping you guys could tell me. I do have a 6'' Superlift installed if that make a difference. I also asked the shop that installed the lift if the bar was the right way they said yes. so i thought i would ask you guys.
Attachments
sway bar.jpg
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Sway bar question

Post by F9K9 »

Something is amiss but, I do not know the details of your lift. Did a national chain do your lift? If so, who?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

The lift was put in by a local 4x4 shop called New Vision they are the ones that said everything is ok with it.
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

i wouldnt worry with it to much it does look backwards though but maybe someitihng to do with the lift? . . mine was wasnt even hooked up it stayed in place and looked like it was but i didnt notice till i was painting it one day made a BIG difference once it was bolted back on lol
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Polyurethane front sway bar bushings
Front sway bar quick disconnect

You are missing a couple washers and a spacer. I'd also try rotating the bar to the top side of the a-arm mount to see if it will line up better. Check the Superlift website and see if the install directions are there for the correct install directions.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

There was no need to flip the sway bar installing the lift and I really cannot picture in my mind if, it would create the angle. I just know that is not normal. I've not looked at the 6" SL SL instructions in many years. There's some modifications to those links. I just looked at mine to make sure. Have you looked at any other S-10 forums and searched? Are your tires being worn in a manner that you think you have a problem? Are you rotating them on a regular basis?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

i just found out about the sway bar so i have not looked into it very much. My passanger side tires have been wearing more then the driver side, i do rotate the tires regularly. i have a alignment set up for tommorow. i am thinking about sending the pics to SuperLift and asking them what the 4x4 shop did wrong.