AEV Pintler wheels / 285/70r17s?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

gfernatt

AEV Pintler wheels / 285/70r17s?

Post by gfernatt »

Hey Gang, new to the forum and needing your thoughts on a planned buildup.

I traded for a bone stock '01 CC a couple of weeks ago and want to mount a set of AEV pintler wheels. These wheels were purchased for my wifes Jeep Commander which are no longer on the Jeep.

The lift involved is the Superlift FIT and the planned tire install is, a 285/70r17 or 305/65r17. I hope to be purchasing a set of Skidz flares from a fine fellow here on the forum.

Specs on the Pintler's are 17x8.5, 5.3" backspacing, +25 offset, and unfortunately 5 on 5 bolt pattern.

Looking at the Mod section here, it looks like it will work If I choose the proper adapter/spacer 5on4.75 to 5on5. I just can't figure out the the thickness necessary front and rear.

The actual backspacing measured more like 5.75 to 6" on the wheels and the Superlift web site recommendation for there lift suggest this will work with wider tires like the 285 or 305 17's with the extra clearance from the adapters and cut out flares. Eventually trial fitting will happen and I'll know for sure.

Sorry for the long post and thanks advance for any advice (and for having so much great info on this Forum). Trying to save a buck on purchasing wheels. If this thing turns out half as nice as some of the CC's on the forum I'll be happy. :wink:

01 s10 crew cab
09 h3t
07 commander
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: AEV Pintler wheels / 285/70r17s?

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds like some good plans. It will be nice to have a Superlift truck around again.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK