3" body lift?? Anyone tried it??

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

SHEP

3" body lift?? Anyone tried it??

Post by SHEP »

So alot of the zr2(zr2usa.com) guys are running the pa-103 body lift, with little to no modification. If unfamiliar with this kit it is made for the 94-97 zr2. Our crewcabs use the the same pa-192 that the zr2's use so it could work the same? Has anyone tried it? I would really like that extra inch of lift. I searched for awhile and could not find anything on it, sorry if i missed it. Let me know what yall think or if anyone has tried it.
Thanks!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: 3" body lift?? Anyone tried it??

Post by HenryJ »

We did have one member who installed one a very long time ago. It can be done , but there are issues to consider.
Binding of the steering shaft requiring modification of the firewall to reduce the angle, a replacement shaft or both.
Relocating the front axle actuator and cable length issues.
Wiring to the PCM length. Battery cable length. Ground straps length (fuel tank, firewall)
Bumper relocation brackets.
Oil filter relocation brackets.

Plan on being good at fabricating and handy at problem solving it you dive into this one on a crew cab. It may not be worth the $$ saved for another inch of lift.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK