1 inch body lift?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

1 inch body lift?

Post by _STUCKY »

I have got an 04 zr5. Does anyone make a 1 inch body lift for it? I was planning on ordering the pucks from...

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/oneinchlift.htm

... And just getting bolts locally. Is this plausible? The plan is to run 31x10.5. I am not afraid of a cut off wheel. However, I just got this thing, and it only has 57,000 miles on it, so cutting is not my first choice. A slight torsion bar crank and an add a leaf or shackle will most likely happen.

My eyes are bleeding from wading through all these old threads with no pictures....
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: 1 inch body lift?

Post by _STUCKY »

Oh and as far as the fan is concerned, this:

http://www.s-10crewcab.net/HenryJ/fans/fans.html

Looks perfect.

I have a 91 k5 blazer that I put the body lift pucks and new body mounts from offroaddesign. With an extra big ass bumpstop ( also from them, i have the 4.5 inchers) and a little sawzall action ( very little), I now have 35x13.5 toyo mts on stock wheels and suspension. But when playing in the dirt the fan self clearanced itself in the shroud.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Welcome aboard. Go for the 2" body lift. It will be well worth the little extra cost to get the bumper relocation brackets and oil filter relocation bracket as well as the spacers for the bed and bumper.
Those aluminum pucks are for fullsize and really hard on the body mounts. I had those on my last s-10 and they totally destroyed the body. They transfer too much force and vibration.

It sounds like what you seek is the"Marvelous Mystery Lift" or MML. check out the Skidz cuts for what you need to cut. A few have made the cuts and refinished the truck to run without flares. One has modded the ZR5 flares with the cuts too.

Lots to look at in the readers rides thread

Sorry there are so many lost pictures. We lost our host and all the pictures on that server. Bennie is still MIA , so we may never know what happened.
Sooth the bleeding eyes and wade through. there is lots of good information here and on our website (linked to the logo above)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

So there is no 1 inch kit?

Was really hoping to find something like what I got for my yj. It's new poly body mounts that are an inch taller than stock and have a notch every 1/4 inch or so, so that it can be cut down to whatever you want.

So I'm a pirate4x4 regular.... And you sir, you must have a ton of patience. Most of the questions that you answer would never fly on pirate. There is an amazing amount of good information on here. It is disappointing that it's not a more active forum though. I have a feeling you will be answering or helping to answer many future questions. I'll probably be bringing back many old posts...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

_STUCKY wrote:So there is no 1 inch kit?
Nope. You will need the extra inch that you get from the 2" bodylift anyway. These wheel wells are only 31" wide in the back.
...So I'm a pirate4x4 regular.... And you sir, you must have a ton of patience. Most of the questions that you answer would never fly on pirate. There is an amazing amount of good information on here. It is disappointing that it's not a more active forum though. I have a feeling you will be answering or helping to answer many future questions. I'll probably be bringing back many old posts...
We try to be patient. We started this forum well over a dozen years ago now. The first "handshake" we had was not to become the "search police". Yes it has all been done, and yes the information is here. But some times people just want some feedback. If you are willing to help yourself, we are here to help you.
The forum has been more active, but that was in the day when they were still selling these trucks. They have been out of production for eight years now. The third generation of owners is just now arriving. Hopefully we will be around to point out some of what we know about these trucks.

Dust off the old threads with new posts! That is a great way to keep them current and alive! It keeps all the information together too. That makes it easier to find. :D

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

It doesn't help that they were only made for 4 years. Luckily, I got a low mile one, 2nd owner. I looked at more than I wanted to keep track of. Most weren't close. Every (no joke) other zr5 had the rear flares hanging off. I wanted the non zr5, mainly because of the flares. Most of the ones I looked at were rough for their age. Even more were 100,000+.

So this is the only one that I saw with a sunroof. I pay for the thing and drive it to a hotel, with it open of course. Pull into the hotel, close it, turn off the truck.... The sunroof goes crazy... Up down up down. Disappointment followed. It stopped and I open the door..... Up down up down... Start it back up to retry this whole shebang.... Up down up down...

I took it our local mechanic. His son/apprentice is the electronics guy. He messed around for 3 hours online researching (which I had no luck with) and took 5 minutes to, as he put it, "reset" it....

He also said its not factory. Any links to some info about this?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You'll have to see if you can find a manufacturer for your sun roof. They were not an option for the crew cabs. I only know of a couple that had them installed and I don't think those were power.
Maybe someone installed a Blazer sun roof? Got pics? If you do , post'm.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Yeah I can take pics, but I am not sure how to post them. I'm on an iPad, it should be simple... How do I post pics that are "no clicky"? I'll make a photobucket account if I have to...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The photos can be uploaded directly to this forum in the posting page. Or you can link them from an online photo album.
Please size them down to an acceptable web size. Huge photos are a waste.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

_STUCKY wrote:..................So I'm a pirate4x4 regular.... And you sir, you must have a ton of patience. Most of the questions that you answer would never fly on pirate. There is an amazing amount of good information on here. It is disappointing that it's not a more active forum though. I have a feeling you will be answering or helping to answer many future questions. I'll probably be bringing back many old posts...
Welcome to the forum. I have to agree that the atmosphere here is different from Pirate. Yes, HenryJ, aka Brule, has patience beyond belief but, he's mellowed a little in the eight years that I have known him. He is/was capable of "lighting you up" if, you insist on doing something that, he has told you won't work or it is unsafe to try. I'll try to assist you in areas, that I have personal knowledge of, but, Brule usually beats me to it. :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]