I gots some new tires!!!

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I gots some new tires!!!

Post by Jongo88 »

2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: I gots some new tires!!!

Post by HenryJ »

8) Love the new shoes.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

My first pictures on this site...lol
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Now you need a little mod list and some details for the Reader's Rides thread :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Just about everything done is in my sig...
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

Lookin' good with those spacers. 8)
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Thanks mike.. And the best part is it rides better with the spacers... Who would of thought...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Looking good! Are those the Duratracs? They are pretty aggressive like the MT/R's. I'm on my 3rd set of MT/R's and have never had a flat or any other problems. IIRC the Duratrac's are made the same way as the MT/R's. Kevlar in tires is a great idea!

Steve
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

They are Wrangler Authority's... 31/10.50/15's. I'm not happy yet. I have one that is out of round and one that wobbles side to side... I know it's not my rims as my old tires rode smooth. I will take it back next week to see what they are going to do...
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I've got those on my yj. They aren't bad. They will really surprise you at where they will take you.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Where did you get the tires? Are they a store specific model? How much $ did they cost? They look just like the Duratracs.

Steve
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I think I read on this site that those are a wal mart exclusive. Meanest tire I've ever seen at Wally world. Did you have to sign a waiver saying they aren't liable if you crash into a bus load of nuns on the way home because the computer says the tires won't fit an s10? I did with the yj. I told them if they rubbed, id go buy a sawzall, some blades, and a hammer. They stopped questioning me.... I actually told them if they didn't want to put them on, that I'd load them up and take them else where. Wal mart and auto zone are both terrible stores....
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

They are a Walmart exclusive tire... I had no problem getting them to install them. I get a discount at Walmart so it's hard to beet there price.
I got them with lifetime balance rotating and road hazard new valve stems out the door for just under 600.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Less than $600 is a great deal for 4 Goodyear off road tires! I paid about $800 for my 4 Goodyear MT/R's!

If you rotate them every 3k miles or every oil change you should get at least 40k miles out of them. I've managed 50k before, but they were almost slicks at that point!

These tires have incredible traction in mud and snow when aired down to 14 psi!

Steve
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I gots some new tires!!!

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Not bad I paid about 800 for my 31" Goodyear wrangler authority tires..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I gots some new tires!!!

Post by riceburnr2005 »

Haha those are the same tires I should've read above.. I have the Black letters facing out instead of the white ones.. I love these tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
stepasyd
Crew
Crew

Post by stepasyd »

i'm a bit late..but loving the stance on this truck...striving for something similar..
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Well after going back five times for balancing I made them give money back...
I don't care how you try to balance a tire you can't balance an egg shaped tire.
I now have Nitto tires. They are round and have little weights on them. They ride sooo good.
I went with 265 70 16's. I put on the Trans Am rims my friend gave me.
Now I'm looking for a steering stabilizer because with the 1.25 spacers in the front I feel the bumps in the steering wheel. I run a lot of dirt roads that are like a wash board.
If you go slow it will take you all day to get where you want to go. If I run 40 to 50 mph it's smooth..lol
Last edited by Jongo88 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

I like that look... When I finally get done chasing my tail on things breaking down, that's the look I'd like to get on mine.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I'm really starting to like the look of the GMC grill, headlights & hood better than the S10 version. It looks much cleaner and simpler to me. The GMC crew cab looks great in black!

Steve
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

killian96ss wrote:I'm really starting to like the look of the GMC grill, headlights & hood better than the S10 version. It looks much cleaner and simpler to me. The GMC crew cab looks great in black!

Steve
Thanks Steve.. It took me a long time to find a black GMC... Then I removed all the chrome off it. I replaced the grille with a painted one so I could paint it black too....
northsnoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by northsnoma »

No used tire places have 33" on 15's :x
2002 Sonoma Crew
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Lets see the Nitto's!
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

Looks good
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.