Lifting a 4x4 crew cab...

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

KENTON

Lifting a 4x4 crew cab...

Post by KENTON »

Hey I'm Kenton new to this forum. I have a 01 s10 crew cab 4x4. I was going to put the rough country lift on it , but I didn't want to drop the front diff and cut it. I know a guy selling the control arms from that lift. Will it give me more lift on the front? If i were to lift the front at all would I have to do something with the front differential ??
Thanks, Kenton.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Lifting a 4x4 crew cab...

Post by HenryJ »

There is REALLY only one choice for a suspension lift if you do the research. The Superlift 6" kit. Anything else is a problem waiting to happen.
A 2" bodylift is a good way to go on these trucks.

I'd suggest checking out the MML ( Marvelous Mystery Lift )

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KENTON

Post by KENTON »

Yeah I don't wanna put a 6in on it. I just hate how it looks. They sit so low. So putting on those upper arms wouldn't give me any travel? Ill check out that life. It really sucks that they don't offer more lifts for the s104x4. Thanks
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The a-arm and key lifts exceed the operating angles for the CV joints and lower ball joints. None of the key lifts are worth trying.

If you just want it to look like a truck, adjust the torsion bars to the maximum Z height, add a 2" body lift and a set of 30x9.5-15 tires.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KENTON

Post by KENTON »

I'm guessing I do the same thing on most trucks to adjust the torsion bar? If you have done this before do you know how many turns I should do??
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The Logo at the top of the page is linked to our webite where you will find information, both stock and modifications. Cranking the t-bars is there as well as the Z height dimensions. If you don't find what you want there the search function works great too.

- ThunderII KE7CSK