Couple questions on PA body lift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

northsnoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Couple questions on PA body lift

Post by northsnoma »

When putting the front bumper back on i simply bolted the side mounts back in their old position, couldnt figure out how to incorporate the square flat stock that was supposed to be incorporated. Any problems with this? Also I'm wondering if it will be safe to transport my dirtbike in the bed still. Didnt think about this one :o
2002 Sonoma Crew
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Couple questions on PA body lift

Post by killian96ss »

Those square flat pieces bolt to the bumper brackets in the front part of the wheel wells. The body mounts do not change the load carrying capacity of the bed, so I wouldn't worry about the weight of your dirt bike in the bed.

Steve
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Throw away the bolts that came with the kit and buy good corrosion resistant bolts. Just had to take out some of the bolts and they rusted onto everything; the threaded insert in the body and into the plastic puck. They're junk and ditch them if you plan to keep that thing.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Anti-seize?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

I used antisieze and they still froze. Like i said, they also froze into the plastic blocks which shouldnt have happened. They were also weak and snapped. Just passing on some precautions if he plans to keep the truck.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Anti-seize?
I ran into the same issue on my heep. Believe it or not, I had to remove a 1" PA BL, that I had put on it, and install a 1.25" BL for another mod. Bolts froze to everything except body mounts. Thank goodness for air hammers. I don't recall seeing any other references to PA BLs in the heep realm. I figured it was the best on the CC and went with it.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]