Lift kit pics!

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

LMs10CrewCab
Crew
Crew

Lift kit pics!

Post by LMs10CrewCab »

Hey there!

I am new here, just wondering... Does anybody have any pics of the s10/gmc crew cab with a...

2" body lift and 2.5" rough country lift with 31" tires?

I really want to do this setup, thanks - LMs10CrewCab
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Lift kit pics!

Post by HenryJ »

The only one running the 2.5" rough country lift is a Blazer. blaz is the member. There are some videos in the GoPro thread. Check the NOS forum.

The Member rides thread is a good place to look at pictures.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

Yes, I have these 2 lifts on my blazer. I have 33" km2's though. Here are a couple of links;

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8807

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8879
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There you go! :thumb: No speculation, straight from one with first hand experience :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

A couple more links that may be helpful. I have had plenty of help from the group on here so I am very happy to contribute when I can.

http://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-te ... all-74701/

http://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/ ... zer-75972/
LMs10CrewCab
Crew
Crew

Post by LMs10CrewCab »

Hey thanks alot for the help, this is my first vehicle - watched CL for two years!

I do only city driving with some dirt roads, what do you think is best?

Marvelous Mystery Lift with 31"

Or 2" body lift and 2.5" RC with 31". ?

Which setup will have the least amount of repairs, front end work.. Ect?

I really like the 33" tires but I am afraid it wont handle well in the city/45mph.

BTW you got the coolest CC I have seen, it really looks good!
Like the blazer too :) I like both of your safari racks!

Thanks for the help, our family has not had a truck for over 15 years!
MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MlePatron »

I just finished my RC kit yesterday on my CC and would second following Blaz's instructions. ESPECIALLY removing the steering link. I honestly don't think the diff will come out without doing that. It took me 1.5 hours to get it out once I got to that point and 1.5 minutes to put it back in. has to be twisted a bit then rotated like 90* with the half-shaft pointing to the rear to get it out. I REALLY wish RC would have mentioned a bit more about that in their instructions other than "Remove the diff"...

Haven't done a BL yet, but it's moving up on the list as I slowly get other mods done and slowly gather funds. Good luck!
'02 S-10 CCMods include:
ZR2 rear axle, 31" shoes, 2" rear lift shackles w/ front torsion tweak, 2.5" RCL, 1.25" front spacers, Rocker guard, Tow Package, Roof Rack, light bar, heated leather seats, front tow shackles, trip data computer upgrade, 5-speed transmission swap, fuel tank skid plate, carbon fibre skid plate package, K&N CAI
Upcoming are fender flares, iron front diff swap, possible 2" body lift
jrichmonds10
Regular
Regular

Post by jrichmonds10 »

MlePatron wrote:I just finished my RC kit yesterday on my CC and would second following Blaz's instructions. ESPECIALLY removing the steering link. I honestly don't think the diff will come out without doing that. It took me 1.5 hours to get it out once I got to that point and 1.5 minutes to put it back in. has to be twisted a bit then rotated like 90* with the half-shaft pointing to the rear to get it out. I REALLY wish RC would have mentioned a bit more about that in their instructions other than "Remove the diff"...

Haven't done a BL yet, but it's moving up on the list as I slowly get other mods done and slowly gather funds. Good luck!
Do you have any pics of your truck up? Would like to see it
MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MlePatron »

Here is a before picture...not ideal but it's before I lifted the front. I had a pretty solid rake of 2-3" before the RC. Image

Here is after. Image

The after pic has the TB's pushed a little too far and I have since brought it down to the RC recommended height. Saving up for the BL and bigger tires!
Last edited by MlePatron on Sun May 19, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
'02 S-10 CCMods include:
ZR2 rear axle, 31" shoes, 2" rear lift shackles w/ front torsion tweak, 2.5" RCL, 1.25" front spacers, Rocker guard, Tow Package, Roof Rack, light bar, heated leather seats, front tow shackles, trip data computer upgrade, 5-speed transmission swap, fuel tank skid plate, carbon fibre skid plate package, K&N CAI
LMs10CrewCab
Crew
Crew

Post by LMs10CrewCab »

Hey thanks for all the pics, your truck looks nice !

Thanks Blaz for all your help to, I really appreciate all the help.

Have a nice day - LMs10CrewCab
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

No problem. I have had lots of help from other too.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks good now! Will look better when it's time for bigger meats. :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
MlePatron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MlePatron »

Oh yes it will. I'm on the prowl for a set of used MTs to try out and take me more places I shouldn't go. Next in line to that is a Synergy hidden winch. Should be fun!
'02 S-10 CCMods include: