MML + RC 2.5"?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

kenfyoozed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

MML + RC 2.5"?

Post by kenfyoozed »

Looking to finally lift my truck and noticed the RC 2.5" lift. My thoughts were adding this to the MML. The normal MML only lifts the front 1.5" correct? So if this is acceptable and then add dropping the diff 1", you can get a 2.5" lift while maintaining the same cv angle as the MML t-bar crank. correct?

Also if the above is true, since skid flares are no longer, could you run 31x10.5 and/or 33x9.5 with bushwhacker flares?

As for rims, if not using spacers with stock rims, the BS of choice is 4" to 4.75"?
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: MML + RC 2.5"?

Post by _STUCKY »

I'm running 15x8 with 5 inch backspacing wheels with 31x10.5's tires, on basically the MML without the body lift. Another inch or so in the front would be nice.
kenfyoozed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by kenfyoozed »

So your running just a t-bar crank to max z-height and rear shackles? No rubbing issues?
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

I have 31x10.5 on 15x7 with 4.5 backspace. when I was running just t-bar crank and shackles I would rub in the front when turning the wheel all the way. now that I have my body lift on everything is good. I don't think you could run 33's without the skidz flairs. Then I again I could be wrong.
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
kenfyoozed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by kenfyoozed »

Thanks Guys.....

Riceburner, your rub was on the frame or fender ?

In looking for wheels, i like to keep stockish wheels from another model, i found the zq8 wheels. 16x8 with bs of 4.33. thought of running 245/75r16. Any ideas if this would be an issue with the MML? my ride is a DD with no offoading, got atv's and dirtbikes for that.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I'm running around with torsion bar crank and Boise spring works kit. I would recommend the springs over a shackle any day, especially if you haul stuff. With the backspacing of the wheels, the only rubbing I get is on the drivers side at the back of the wheel well, but it is only when going fast over bumps and turning left. It almost never does it on the road. I don't really do what I would call off roading with this truck, but sometimes it does see dirt. If I keep the speed down to give the suspension time to cycle it doesn't rub. Here is my setup, copied from the readers rides thread:

Torsion bars turned up
Fullsize bumpstops GM Part # 15712438
Energy Suspension Polyurathane Sway Bar Bushings Part # 35207G
Boise Springworks spring kit
Bilstein shocks Part #24-016810 and #24-014106
Pro Comp 15x8 with 5 inch backspacing steel wheels Part # 98-5861S5
Goodyear Authority A/T 31x10.5x15 tires
Moog upper control arm bushings Part # K6418
Energy Suspension lower control arm bushings Part # 3.3167g
Slight fender trimming
Cut front air dam

Stock:

How it sits as of moments ago:

As far as running 33s with a body lift and skidz flairs, all I can say is that the fender cuts needed for the flairs is what's important, not the flairs themselves. I had to trim the corners of the front wheelwells, not to the extent that is needed for the flairs but it is trimmed.

On a side note, my truck rides and drives great, better than anything I've owned so far. It makes for a good dual purpose truck. It is currently at what I saw HJ call "the happy place".

Hope this is helpful, now get to wrenching! And don't forget the camera! :wave:
kenfyoozed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by kenfyoozed »

Nice rig. Im thinking of doing the BL first, and see how i like things, and go from there. I really like how Blaze's blazer looks. So im probably going to try and replicate that, but with AT's not MT's,Although I love the way the MT's look.
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

Here is a picture of my blazer. I am running the MML and a RC 2.5". I am level from front to back and side to side. 38" from ground to fender lip on all 4 corners. Fender trimming was required to fit 33's. I am not running any flares though.

_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I just saw you are in mobile. When I was younger, my mom was married to a guy in the navy. We lived in loxley for about 8 years. I'd love to go back sometime.
kenfyoozed
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by kenfyoozed »

Nice pics...thanks, i was just thinking i would like to see a side by side shot

Loxley, huh? I grew up just north of there out in the country, little place called Pine Grove, just south of Bay Minette.
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

The last pictures were beside a ZR2. My blazer is 6.5" or so higher than stock.

Here is a pic of the blazer before the RC lift. I parked beside a stock blazer.
jrichmonds10
Regular
Regular

Post by jrichmonds10 »

riceburnr2005 wrote:I have 31x10.5 on 15x7 with 4.5 backspace. when I was running just t-bar crank and shackles I would rub in the front when turning the wheel all the way. now that I have my body lift on everything is good. I don't think you could run 33's without the skidz flairs. Then I again I could be wrong.
Could you post a couple pics of your CC? From just looking at your avatar it looks clean.