6" SUperlift F.I.T. work with zr2 rear axle?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

cellardoor420
Regular
Regular

6" SUperlift F.I.T. work with zr2 rear axle?

Post by cellardoor420 »

I was able to get a used superlift F.I.T. setup for cheap and I also have a line on a cheap zr2 rear axle. Has anyone combined these mods, or know if they will work together? The zr2 axle is cheaper than two 3" spacers..
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

http://www.superlift.com/suspension/gm/83-S10.asp
Rear lift is achieved by relocating the leaf springs from the bottom of the axle to the top
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: 6" SUperlift F.I.T. work with zr2 rear axle?

Post by killian96ss »

You shouldn't have any problem with the SL kit and the ZR2 axle.

Steve
cellardoor420
Regular
Regular

Post by cellardoor420 »

So I went back to the local yard to pick up the axle I had careful left only attached by the drive-train, and the yard scrapped the truck! was over their 64 day limit they said.. anyway..

What other models of s10 have the 8.5 axle? are they as wide as the zr2 rear axle? since i'm planning the zr2 axle plus 1 inch spacers on each side, is there a full size axle that will fit?
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

First off, what are you planning?

A full size truck's axle will be a different bolt pattern. I do not know about the width. Zr2 rear axles are the widest s10 axle.
cellardoor420
Regular
Regular

Post by cellardoor420 »

I used to have a 03 crew zr5 with MML but had to sell it and I just came upon a nice crew for cheap so I'm back in the bunch! This time im going with a used superlift, tbar relocators, 33"s on stock wheels with spacers, and a zr2 rear end with G80 if I can find it..

So I've read different models came with the 8.5 and G80 locker, and I would like to find one that is geared 3.73 and 63" like the zr2.. specifically a GT4 G80
I have found common axle widths to be:
54.5" (mine)
59" (some 8.5 axles)
63" (zr2 axles) ONLY?

my questions are:

did only zr2's come with a 63" 8.5 axle? did the G80 locker come in any specific models or widths?

are there any other rear axles this wide from other models that anyone has gotten to fit? with how much modification?
cellardoor420
Regular
Regular

Post by cellardoor420 »

So now I'm about to install the superlift 6", the PA bodylift 2" and a tbar crank (possibly blocks, shackles, or BSW kit on the rear if necessary) to see if its possible to fit 35" or larger tires on a 63" zr2 rear axle and 3" spacers up front.. I'm not afraid to trim the fenders, I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone this big on tire size and if so how much fender trimming did you need?

Also I have a set of the zr2 flares and I don't know if the rear ones will be mountable after I trim the fenders, any advice on best rear flares for 35" or larger tires?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Our bed is unique to all of the S/T series trucks. I don't know all of the specifics why but, it just is. Nothing else is going to come close. Fuel filling and all of the bling accessories won't work with ours. You're not going to find aftermarket flares, that will work with 35s. There's allot of info about tire sizes and what will make them work and what will not work in the S10 forums. 33s and allot of driver skill is about the maximum that you can hope for with the ZR2 rear and IFS front. Even if, you're just a "mall crawler", you're gonna find out how exciting it becomes when you use the stock brake system, and making emergency evasive actions. Trying to stop the rolling mass of 35" tires, with brakes that were designed for the 33x10.5s max, can make some situations interesting.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The CC bed is from an Isuzu Hombre which is why S10 fender flares do not fit the rear and as F9K9 mentioned you won't find anything for S10's that will clear 35's. Bushwacker is the only company I can think of who made larger flares for S10"s with oversize off road tires, but I'm not sure if they still make them and if they do you would still have to modify the rear flares to fit a CC plus your limited to 33's max.

Steve
cellardoor420
Regular
Regular

Post by cellardoor420 »

Any tips on how to get the rear sway bar back on? Ive got the 8.5 axle, superlift shock brackets taking up space, 2" rear shackles, and the 10 bolt Moser diff cover. I have read how others have done it above or below, but they all were running smaller or no lift. The sway bar bottoms out on the cover in all different positions. It seems I either need to fabricate some metal spacers and use longer u-bolts, or go back to the stock diff cover...

I've also got a zr2 track bar I'd rather mount, but there is even more stuff in the way, and I would need to fab something special onto the frame just to mount it. (I am aware of the differences between the bars)
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Pictures would help