Anyone know if the Rough Country 2.5 lift works on CC

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

OrlandoSonomazr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone know if the Rough Country 2.5 lift works on CC

Post by OrlandoSonomazr5 »

I was looking at the Rough Country 2.5 lift for the regular s10's and was wondering if that kit works on a CC. If not why.

Or can anyone recommend a company that makes a good leveling kit that uses a additional leaf spring instead of a Shackle lift. I don't want to loose my towing capabilities, and I don't trust shackles when having to be pulled out.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Anyone know if the Rough Country 2.5 lift works on CC

Post by HenryJ »

Boise springworks is still a good option for a leaf spring upgrade. Check to see if you have a local builder. Local is always good. There is a pretty good thread about adding leaves. Many of the kits don't match our spring pack. Thy can also be harsh and prone to breakage.

If this rough country kit is just keys for the front, skip it. Our keys can already adjust beyond what the ball joints and cv angles can tolerate.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

I'm pretty Sher the 2.5 rough country lift will fit I've seen others do it but haven't my self. (If you buy this kit on YouTube there's a pretty good video that explains how to install it) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snEF7DjVrkU

If you only want a couple inches of front lift I would just Turn the torsion bars up a little( I believe 2in is generally considered the max). But you could run into ball joint, and cv axle problems/ or look into the MML.

Henry J. I think the rough country kit dose look like a good set up I'm considering it for my truck like if it wasent for the control arms to fix the alignment It would be worthless in my openion.

Now as for the rear I bought a couple eBay add aleafs(1 long, 1 short) but I haven't installed yet so I can't say how they work.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Built2Bend wrote:... I think the rough country kit dose look like a good set up I'm considering it for my truck like if it wasent for the control arms to fix the alignment It would be worthless in my openion. ....
The upper a-arms do make it possible to set the alignment with the keys cranked way up. Stock upper arms would be too short.
That does not address the lower ball joint being beyond it range of motion. It will be bound to the inside and prone to failure. Add to that the cv-angle , tie-rod angles and the mix just does not play well.
There is plenty of room for meeting the maximum z- height with the stock keys. You will be at the max for aligning camber and caster. Still it is about as far as you really want to go if you want some decent ride , handling and longevity from the front end parts.

If you really need more than the 2.5" (1"-1.5" key adjustment and 1" tire size) the MML does, it would probably be wise to consider going to a drop diff lift or SFA.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

That's a good point I dident think of that. I'd like to do a era but I don't think I have the skills to do it.
OrlandoSonomazr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by OrlandoSonomazr5 »

thanks for the info guys. guess ill stick to key adjustment and add a leaf. I don't trust the 2" shackles with the towing I do. and 31"/10.5"
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Also have you considered a body lift? A lot of members it seams have installed a 2in body.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The shackles and towing don't mix. Hobie's shifted and rubbed the driveshaft on the fuel tank skid. The 2" body lift has many advantages for these trucks.

- ThunderII KE7CSK