6" superlift wheel recommendations

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

6" superlift wheel recommendations

Post by Doucettejr »

Hey everyone

So I have been searching and referencing this site for my cc sonoma build and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. I apologize if I missed it somewhere.

So, I'm looking for what actual manufacturer makes a wheel that's recommended and has been used with the 6" superlift. I have the 2in body lift and will soon have the 6" superlift installed. What I want to know is what wheel will fit with 33 1050 or 1250 bfg at. Minor trimming or spaces is fine.

Thanks from a noObie.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

No experience with the lift, but I was running pro comp 15x8 w/ 5 inch backspacing with 31s. The same size should work good with 33x10.5 (BFG km2 and I believe Toyo mt are available). I couldn't find the part number I had, but if you get on summit, narrow the search to 15x8 w/ 5 inch backspacing and 5x4-3/4 bolt pattern, there are plenty of choices.

Here are some pics that show the width with the 10.5 wide tires. No spacers on it, just the wheels.

Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

Re: 6" superlift wheel recommendations

Post by Doucettejr »

Thanks for the response. I guess they don't make those wheels anymore. The closest I can find in procomp are 15x8 5x120.65 4.75 bs. I guess I can get them and just add some wheel spacers if they rub too much.
Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

Post by Doucettejr »

2015-06-11 11.26.16.jpg
Finally got all the replacement front end parts to go on when I lift my cc. Just waiting on tires and lift kit to come in.
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

If his rims are 5in bs. Than 4.75in bs means you wouldent need spacers becoulse there's .25in more space between the inner rim lip and your chassis so you wouldent need spacers.
And I believe any 15x8 rim with 4-5in back spacing would work. Just depends on how far you want them to stick out and what style you like.

Personally I like the procomp rock crawler series(fake beadlock ring)
Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

Post by Doucettejr »

That makes more sense. Thanks for the explanation. I decided to stay with the stock rims for now since no vendor has 33/1050 AT tires in stock. I was able to get a set of 31/1050 bfg rugged terrains for $600 at sams club. This will help me until I get some money for some flares and rims.
Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

Post by Doucettejr »

2015-06-21 23.01.23.jpg
Well, lift finally came in this weekend. I'm dropping the sonoma off the end of the week before we head to the beach for the 4th of July. Can't wait to see what she looks like all grown up, lol. Here are the tires I picked up for her.