Moog LCA sway bar link mount

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

Moog LCA sway bar link mount

Post by Doucettejr »

Has anybody had an issue where the sway bar link won't line up with the mount on the LCA? It is obviously located in a different place than the OEM LCA mount. It is out from where the shock mounts about an inch. The links will just barely reach but are at an extreme angle. Thanks in advance.
Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

Re: Moog LCA sway bar link mount

Post by Doucettejr »

So, I talked to moog and apparently they changed the mounting point midway through the second generation. I'm going to go check out other s10s at the pull a part tomorrow and see if I can grab an older sway bar. I'll update once I know more.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Make sure to find a big bar. Maybe the Bravada swaybar?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Was there a reason you got the whole control arm? I've been having bad luck with moog lowers going bad. The joint has been wearing into the housing and getting hung up, not a smooth operation when turning and they pop. Reason I mention it is they will probably make you warranty the whole arm and not just the joint. Which means an alignment every time you pull it. Hopefully it was just a bad run or something but wanted to give you a heads up.
Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

Post by Doucettejr »

HenryJ wrote:Make sure to find a big bar. Maybe the Bravada swaybar?
I don't know yet which I will grab. Hopefully I can find a crew a year or two older than mine and grab one.
LoneWolf04 wrote:Was there a reason you got the whole control arm? I've been having bad luck with moog lowers going bad. The joint has been wearing into the housing and getting hung up, not a smooth operation when turning and they pop. Reason I mention it is they will probably make you warranty the whole arm and not just the joint. Which means an alignment every time you pull it. Hopefully it was just a bad run or something but wanted to give you a heads up.
The reason I replaced the whole control arms was because I needed bushings and ball joints. My truck is sitting at just over 270K and the whole suspension was sloppy. The shop that did my lift said they would replace the whole thing while lifting for free. Hopefully I don't have those issues, but at least the ball joints will be easy to replace since they aren't riveted in anymore.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I wish you were closer. I have all my ifs parts sitting on a pallet. If you need anything, let me know. Shipping big things may kill it though.
Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

Re:

Post by Doucettejr »

_STUCKY wrote:I wish you were closer. I have all my ifs parts sitting on a pallet. If you need anything, let me know. Shipping big things may kill it though.

I wish I was as well I think I have it covered now though. Everything is brand new up front for the time being.

I went to pull a part today and got a sway bar off a 4dr 4wd blazer. The diameter was slighlty less than mine but it fit perfectly with the new control arms. The best part, it was only $25!