6" superlift one month update

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

6" superlift one month update

Post by Doucettejr »

I just wanted to stop in and give everyone an update. It has been just about a month since having the lift installed on the truck and so far it's great. The truck rides awesome and the lift finally gave me the ground clearance I've been needing. There are a couple creaks here and there that are kind of annoying and the turning performance is much less than prior to the lift.

I am having transmission problems now, but don't know if it's related to the bigger tires or the person who test drove my truck after the lift was installed.
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: 6" superlift one month update

Post by Built2Bend »

What kind of transmission problems, and creaks are you geting some one on the forum may be able to help you.
Did you correct the speedometer on your truck.

I've herd of transmission problem after lifts becoulse the truck thinks it's going faster than it actually is and as a result the trans trys to shift at the wrong time. Some one will probly chime in as to if that could be caulsine the problems.

I'm assuming the steering is becoulse the larger tires rubbing the frame. Some diferent rims or wheel spacers could held IF tire size is the caulse
Doucettejr
Regular
Regular

Post by Doucettejr »

Just wanted to stop in and give another update on my superlift experience. It's been a few months since I had it installed and I absolutely love it. I ended up needing a transmission so I went with a monster box trans. About a week after that the rear diff starting blowing gear oil out the axle seal. I had a weird rattle that I couldn't figure out for the life of me. It turns out there were some major issues in my rear diff and axle assembly. After replacing bearings and seals and adding an auburn locker the sounds are gone and the truck is driving better than new. Now I'm ready for the weekend to be here so I can see how she handles the trails.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

If this is on a crew, have you relocates the diff breather tube? Stock location will allow water to be swallowed into the diff and cause issues.
Macampo74

Post by Macampo74 »

Do you have a part number for the lift? Where can I purchase it
Hartleybl
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Hartleybl »

Rough country is the only option now.. Super lift and bds stopped producing lifts for s10s
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

I am kind of shocked superlift and bds stopped making these. The only reason I say kind of is because of how many SAS lifts and components are being made and at a smaller cost than an IFS lift. End up with a better suspension platform with less wear and tear. As far as a bolt on unit the IFS was the most direct.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

In my opinion, there is no need for a “lift kit” for these trucks. You can easily over tire these trucks with a torsion bar crank and/or a body lift. The main issue, excluding fairly weak components, is that you aren’t moving the front axle forward, away from the firewall, greatly limiting tire size. 33s are easily achievable without throwing a ton of money a ton at it. I personally think 31s are fine on a stockish s10. 35s are too much without lots of fine tuning (ie axle swap). Keep in mind, there is a really weak front axle setup, and a semi float rear axle with nothing but a C clip holding your axle shafts on.

Bravada shaft, zr2 rear axle, torsion bar crank, 31s, done.
Hartleybl
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Hartleybl »

All things considered i think the drive train is strong enough... Sure there are more moving parts but if you understand not to floor it in every situation it is fine. I will be putting 35s on mine soon enough after i install my lift kit ill have a minimum of 9 inches lift.. Due to my 3 inch bl
Attachments
wp_ss_20180507_0002.png