Fitting 33s

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

RebelKid1822
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Fitting 33s

Post by RebelKid1822 »

Just looking for some advice on fitting 33" tires on my crew. It's currently rocking 31x10.5s. It has a 2.5" rough county lift, plus two add a leafs to the rear. I already have offset rims. Wheel well height is 34.25 at the front and 36 on the rear. The fenders and flares have not yet been cut. Has anyone done anything like this before? I do not have a body lift. I am not supposed to a body lift if that's what I need. The bed is being removed soon for a roll cage anyways. Thanks everyone!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Fitting 33s

Post by HenryJ »

Body lift, fender cuts and a little more... Look for the MML , or Marvelous Mystery Lift :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RebelKid1822
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RebelKid1822 »

Awesome thanks. I read that thread, I just wasn't sure if I still needed to do a body lift since I already did a 2.5" suspension. Thanks!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The 2.5" lift is just a key lift. Did it include a-arms to correct the camber and caster after the over crank?
The stock keys can already exceed the range for the ball joints and CV angles. That is why a max z-height adjustment is usually recommended.
There was one who lasted quite a while with the 2.5" crank. He has a blazer and eventually gave up on it to upgrade to SFA. Long term you may find it problematic and need to make another choice.

The key to 33" tires is the offset. Too much and you hit fenders. Too little rubs the frame and limits the turn radius. Cuts are a must. The rear wheel openings are only 31"

GL :)

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RebelKid1822
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RebelKid1822 »

Yea I did swap the upper control arms. I also put the new keys in and cranked them most of the way up. I did notice that the new and old keys where very similar. I put about 5k miles on this set up. I also have 1.5" backspacing rims.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

33" will require more backspacing. 4.5" is needed up front.

- ThunderII KE7CSK