Superlift FIT 6" lift with Rocugh Country A arms

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Diverdmt

Superlift FIT 6" lift with Rocugh Country A arms

Post by Diverdmt »

Spoke with Rough Country and they said their lift won't fit a crew cab. They claim a crew cab is the same width frame a a ZR2? Not according to Superlift. Superlift advises against using their A arms because they increased Z angle to align the fron end. I was to ditch they crappy Stock A Arms and the Rough Country's come with MOOG ball joints and Poly bushings for $215, $250 direct from them. Part Number 1242.

Anyone done this before? I also going to use Real lifts torsion bar relocators and ZR2 front pumpkin with ZR2 rear axle, and 20x 8.5 wheels with 6.5 BS for a 35x12.50 fit.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Superlift FIT 6" lift with Rocugh Country A arms

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Crew cab frame is the same width as a standard 4x4. The arms are no different between any 4x4 or zr2 as well, they use different mounting points to gain the extra width stance on the zr2, hence the wider frame. Look up replacement parts at your favorite part store if you would like to verify. Think I remember seeing multiple posts of the rough country kit having fitment issues as far as clearance, you might want to investigate a bit more before you buy their arms, I believe that was part of the problem.
Hartleybl
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Hartleybl »

They told me it will fit the crew cab but you have to modify the torsion bar cross member cause at full droop it will contact the transmission cross member that is what rough country told me
Diverdmt

Post by Diverdmt »

24MED888 Thanks got the lift bran new for $410. A Arms from them for $250 free shipping and I already have torsion bar relocators from real lift. Swapping front and rear with ZR2 I had and 20x8.5 wheels with 6 inch BS. 34x12.50x29 tires. ZR2 torsion bars, I have, 2 inch body lift. All the work myself. Going to do new shackels and torsion bar keys too. It's a black on black truck with 230,000 miles on it cold air, shift kit, power pulleys, tbody spacer headers cam FULL roller adjustable rockers. All the measuring tires won't stick out at all. I have cross drilled rotors too. Had the truck for years got cap on back and all too. Hypertech tuner too.