Bilstein shocks w/RC 2.5" lift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Bilstein shocks w/RC 2.5" lift

Postby southernzr5 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 am

I have the Rough Country 2.5" lift on my truck currently and the shocks, well, they ride rough lol. Are the Bilstein HD shocks everyone is using going to be the same ones I need with the 2.5" kit? Also if anyone has part numbers that would help, thanks
southernzr5
Regular
Regular

Re: Bilstein shocks w/RC 2.5" lift

Postby LoneWolf04 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm

I haven't looked at the lift closely, but if it comes with longer shocks then I would buy bilsteins for a zr2 to get the extra length needed so they don't top out or bottom out. Would have to look up numbers but in the description it'll say for ZR2 option. I run the bilsteins on my stock crew and love them.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Postby southernzr5 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:04 pm

what bilstein shock is everyone using on the rear with the boise spring pack, #24-016810? I ordered front and rear bilsteins and I measured the bilstein up against the rough country shock and the RC shock was about 2.5" longer. my plans are to take the shackles off the rear and use the boise springs w/the bilsteins. just want to make sure that's going to
southernzr5
Regular
Regular

Postby HenryJ » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Boise springworks kits will not change the range of travel. It will only move the resting height upward. Stock length shocks would be fine :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Return to Tires / Lifts / Suspension