Floor Mats

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Ezrollin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Floor Mats

Post by Ezrollin »

I'm very satisfied with the tonneau cover, a Truxedo, suggested by Plantone (thanks) so I thought I'd see what others suggested for floor mats. I can either go cheap and get the small generic type that catches most of the dirt or spend more money and get the fitted type that cover more area. The problem with some of the fitted type is that they don't really fit well, in which case I'd rather just go with the smaller ones. I'm open to suggestions and pics of yours installed would help...thanks! Anyone using the Plastacoat black mats with the bow tie logo and Chevrolet name on them...do they fit a crew cab?
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Floor Mats

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Pretty happy with my husky liners. I have weathertech in my car which are really nice too. Fit in both vehicles has been very good.
plantone
Crew
Crew

Post by plantone »

glad you like the tonneau - hopefully you'll be as happy with as time goes by as i am :)

re: floor mats - i bought a generic one size fits all set, the kind that have the nice dirt catch rim but the outer area is trimable to fit your vehicle. i think they were about $35 or so, dont remember the brand specifically.

for me, they seem to get the job done pretty well for a generic part. i've been using that same style in the last few vehicles i've owned.

i will say this, on the passenger side of any s10 (and many gm's in general), without going full custom i have yet to find anything that really fits around that transmission hump amazing. but for the most part i'm still satisfied with the set i have. but i'm just too cheap to throw down on a set of weather tech's for a vehicle i plan to own for 4 years or less.

nothing against my crew, but when you're tickin around 40k miles annually onto the odometer - you buy a good used car, throw some $$ at it to fix the quirks, drive the wheels off it for a few years, wave the white flag :surrender: and send it on to someone else.
"Politics: The art of appearing candid and completely open while concealing as much as possible." - Frank Herbert

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries" - The French Fellows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'03 LS Crew Cab
Ezrollin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Ezrollin »

Thank for your input guys. Yeah, it's either $$$ custom fit or a small generic set and I'm leaning toward the generics. Yes, my wife's last five cars have been used Mercury Marquis most with less than 20,000 miles. The last one I bought about two yrs ago was a one owner 2003 with 40,000 miles garage kept, looked like a new car. I keep them serviced and repaired and at a certain mileage sell them and get half my money back. This has saved me tons of money over the years...It's gonna get harder since the last MM was built in 2010.