Chrome Front Skid plate

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Steven
Crew
Crew

Chrome Front Skid plate

Post by Steven »

In the mods list of parts, is the front skid plate chrome, or just metal?. I'd like to get one for the front of mine, but would like to see chrome if possible.

Or is it brules plate thats chrome, and the one in the mods list is metal?

http://www.thebestbuddies.com/pic/galpi ... eplate.htm
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

nope, not chrome. brule just cleaned the heck out of it. i am not going to chrome mine, i have already beat mine up. if you want one, you can buy one new and get it chromed, or just clean it real good. you can also post up in the for sale section of zr2.com. there have been alot of people sellling there skid plates over there.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hobie got it right, Mine is the aluminum shield :)

I just spent some time polishing it (not much) They come pretty good with a little elbow grease they polish up nice, not show quality, but with a buffing wheel it could be.

Chrome might be possible, but I don't know where to send an aluminum plate to be chromed.

When I polished it I thought it might look a little "Huggy" but it just disappears, from the front when it reflects the image of ground, it makes it look like I have lots of ground clearance :)

P.S. I used "Nev-r-dull" (the cotton wadding in a can), Truevalue hardware stores carry it around here. It does a good job of polishing bare aluminum, and gets better everytime you use it. Plus it leaves a coating that helps keep the shine and prevents staining.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steven
Crew
Crew

Front Plate

Post by Steven »

Ok, I've gotcha. I'm gonna see If I can find one on the Zr2 page. If not I'll get one from Gmparts.com. I like the look of yours Brule. I too have the Nev-r-dul stuff, and other nice produces I use on my wheels to keep them nice and shinny.

Thanks
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

what? you dont like mine? all dented and dull with dirt and road grime stuck to it? :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

a2b wrote:what? you dont like mine? all dented and dull with dirt and road grime stuck to it? :lol:

Ummmmm....... No! :D
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Steven wrote:
a2b wrote:what? you dont like mine? all dented and dull with dirt and road grime stuck to it? :lol:

Ummmmm....... No! :D

hahahaha
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\