http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/v ... _id=251351

more pictures to come
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:D :D :D :D One for each light cover :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Nice Justin!

so here's the deal. i wouldnt do 3" shackles and tbars if you are going to do the 5" trailmaster. i have daystar shackles and i have had problems with them letting the rear slide sideways too much. i would rather do the aal. if you do the body lift your self, the pa#192 will work fine, its for 2".

but, like jerry, if you find someone who knows s-10's, throw the 3" on there instead. believe me, you will want all the lift you can get when you put the 31's on.

i might try the 3" too.

let us know about the fabbed prerunner bar, i want one bad!

if you want to spend 10k on your truck, then do the sas.

how much money do you want to spend?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

a2b....

Are you talking about a 3" body lift? or are you talking about the 3" superlift suspension lift? I'm really not down for the solid front axle swap unless it will be easier than messing around with the ifs. I am very upset at whiplashsuspensions. I have repeatedely asked when their 10" lift for the newer s-10 will be out and they keep replying soon. Tell me what you guys think.. I am willing to spend around $2000 for a lift and I hope to get 32" or 33" tires after i am finished...for now i just want 31" tires with the body lift seeing how my factory goodyears have 24,000 miles on them and they are worn out.

Second reason I dont want to spend alot of money is I just inherited a 68 pontiac firebird convertible and I need to spend some on it.... :D

keep the comments coming...I am going to invest some time on this...any sites i should check for a lift either sfa or ifs lift????

thanx guys, I love the members site and the forum....

justin
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

as far as a sas, if you only want to spend 2k, forget it. a sas will be 10k when done right. and i would only trust ORU to do the SAS. but they are still testing there design. i would wait a year and see whether or not it sucks.

also, yes i am talking about a 3" BL, the 2" isnt enought to get 31's underneath. espically 31's that really mesure that tall.

dont think of the 2"superlift. waist of time and money. superlift says it wont fit on our trucks right.

i personally dont want 10" of lift. i wouldnt trust it. if you go an inch up, you better go an inch out or you will be too top heavy.

if you go 10" you could get 33's easy, probably 35's if you have the bl.

but, you will need gears which will be another 1k. 35's is pushing it for our weak IFS.

personally, if i can get the 6' superlift (whenever they come out with it), i will put on the 33's(with more fender chopping), with 4.56 gears. and then a air locker.

that right there will be close to 4k.

now realize, i off road and rock crawl, so when i talk about tire size, i take off roading into consideration.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

when does superlift anticipate their arrival of the 6" lift?

and why does every lift company always put out lifts for bigger trucks? :x
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

and performance accessories says that they dont have any 3" body lift for our trucks? is there any other company? I would like to go buy this monday....

thanx guys,

Justin
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes, the performancec accersorries kit for out truck is only a 2". the older s-10's, have a 3" kit available. but some folks, like jerry from this site, have fit the 3" on our trucks. now, jerry didnt do it himself, so he doesnt know what the difference is between the 2 install procedures.

what i plan to do, is when i find somebody that has done it before. get all the install info from him, and then buy summit 3" BL blocks (they are cheap) from their catalog and put them on. but until then the 2" is fine.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

so if i get this 2" body lift will 31"x 10.5"x15" rub on the stock rims? Will I need spacers? Please let me know I would like to buy this tomorrow....

thanx for your info

Justin
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Yes and No. It depends on the Actual tire size. A tire advertised (marked) as a 31 can measure anywhere from 30.5" to 31.9" My Yokohama Geolandars are on the small side of the scale (30.6") and do not rub at all on stock wheels. The BFG At's are on the bigger side of the scale and would be close on the stock rims.

Check tire diameters if they are truly under 31" you should be OK -IMO

Tire rack tire search has specs. on different tires.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes, and like Brule has said before, the more rounder tires work better. my BFG AT's have a hard edge and they rubbed like a mofo and thats with another inch of suspension under the BL. if i only had the BL, i would have crunched my fenders. of course i dont have stock rims, which makes matters worse. if you like a tire that is a full 31" or 31.5" get the 30's" cuz it will be better, esp if it is really 30.5", the best part about that is, that it will be thinner!! and thats where the bonus is at cuz you only rub when you turn.

now the only other place i have rubbed, my passenger side front tire flexes so far up that it rubs the top of the fender and it actaully bent some metal up there. and that is with the BL and 1" of t-bars. ( and this only happened when i hit and bump going like 60 and the truck was loaded down)

i recently put on new pro comp 9000's. so hopfully that wont happen any more!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\