Window Vent Shades

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Steven
Crew
Crew

Window Vent Shades

Post by Steven »

Who's got'em and do you like them. I've had several sets of them on other vehicles, and was thinking about getting some for my truck. On some of the vehicles I've had, they really obstructed the view to the left front. (at the piler). Wondering how bad they are with the S10.

Now that you've had them a while (those of you who do) would you recommend them or not.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I used to have them on my 92 S-10. They were noticeable at first, but eventually you got used to the obstruction...and they didn't really block your view all that much. I doubt they'd block your vision too much on our trucks. But I'm used to driving a Camaro fro the last three years, so I feel like I'm driving around in a fish bowl right now. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
SlickDaddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vent Visors

Post by SlickDaddy »

I just put them on the other day, and they look pretty good. I got the set from AutoZone for $45 for all four windows. They had to order them, and it takes about a week but Im happy with them so far...
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Window Vent Shades

Post by Joseph »

That was one of the very 1st things I did to my truck. They work great you can have your window down enough in the summer to let the hot air out. During rain let the fresh air in. Get them you will like them.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i thought about it the other day when it was raining, but i dont know
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Fortunately it almost never rains here in Phoenix, so I probably won't get them.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I have them all around and the only thing I don;t like about them is the road noise (wind noise) they create driving on the highway with the windows open a crack. it's loud and You can't understand a conversation with another person. i normally drop the rear windows down a little and it is more suttle
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

as far as droping the window, does anybody else drive with your driver front window down? and then you lower the passenger rear window so the air flow comes thru better and doesnt mess your air up and is quieter? :P
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]