Cut-out flares for our S-10's???

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Cut-out flares for our S-10's???

Post by quickbiker »

OK, I am ich'n to get 33's under my truck. That would give me an additional 1 inch of lift. An inch is allot when off-roading! My 31" mudders seem to be lasting too long though, LOL. I got 12k on them and they still look new.

Anyhow, does anyone know anyone that makes the cut-out flares (not just ad a flare) for the late model S-10's? I know bushwacker makes them for the early S-10, but they don't list for the newer ones.

I also posted to the other S-10 group. I know people have some good ideas out there!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Bushwacker does make cut outs for S10 Crew cab's. 99% sure I saw it. If you can't find the link, I'm sure I've got it at work saved on that computer.

I'd like to see a set of them on an S10
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Paul, glad to see you are coming around. so i have been thinking of this too. are you saying that we can cut our fenders and add bushwacker flares to finish the look? i have been lookin for places to cut but the dang cab is too close to either fender to cut much.

oh and if you dont want to do that. there is a place here that makes fiber glass fenders for the late model s-10. there is plenty of room there. they run about 200 a fender. that is my other choice.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Here's the link regarding the flares.

Good luck

http://www.truckxccessory.com/truckxcce ... lares.html
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

but that doesnt say anything about cutting your fenders to make them bigger?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Those are the flares I'm running (Bushwacker Extend-a-fender flares) and you will lose a little clearance. They mount inside the fender lip.

And those rears have the same part# I used. They will NOT fit our crew cab without lots of cutting and grinding. Plus they are not wide enough for the wheel well.

I wouldn't recommend them unless you are comfortable with heavy flare modification and the risk of ruining a set.

The fronts fit fine :D
Last edited by HenryJ on Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Lee
Regular
Regular

Fender flares

Post by Lee »

I know that FabTech makes a fiberglass replacement front fender, but they don't make a rear fender. I've been thinking that when I get ready to lift my truck, I'll go ahead and put on some new fenders, and get them paint matched.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

if you want rear fenders, let me know. i cant remember the name of the company that makes them. but when i do, i will post all the info.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

a2b wrote:Paul, glad to see you are coming around. so i have been thinking of this too. are you saying that we can cut our fenders and add bushwacker flares to finish the look? i have been lookin for places to cut but the dang cab is too close to either fender to cut much.

oh and if you dont want to do that. there is a place here that makes fiber glass fenders for the late model s-10. there is plenty of room there. they run about 200 a fender. that is my other choice.

I used to think the same thing about not much to cut. But take a look at GM's partner, Isuzu, and what there S-10 equivelent does. They actually make them without that little strip in front of the rear tires! :shock:

Lookit: http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/pick/lineup-crew.htm

And if you look at the brace, it only supports that little strip. It can easily be hacked off. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]