Crew
Crew

E-Ram

Post by Steven »

Ok, check this link out....

Someones gotta try this one

electricsupercharger

made the long addy. into a link-HJ
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Is that from the same company that makes the "Tornado?" :D

Seriously though, I don't think that will do jack for creating significant power...it's a total ricer mod. With two of them in series it says it will produce up to 9% more HP, which on our trucks is 18 HP. K&N says their filters add up to 25 HP, and we all know that's not accurate across the board. It's basically the same as hooking up a blow dryer to your intake...and at $300, significantly more expensive. Hell...the "Super E-Ram" (two fans in series...$590) only makes 1.7 psi...that's probably LESS than your average blow dryer. I added a K&N filter and a high flow intake lid to my Z28 that cost $120 and added 20 HP at the wheels.

I bet tons of ricers will buy them though and claim to have blowers on their cars and be making tons of HP and 11 sec 1/4 mile runs. :lol:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i am sure steven will know alot more than i will about this, but i have seen that tornado thing before and i have heard people talk about it. from what i sort of understand, the problem with our motors is the manifold. not that it is a problem, but the air goes thru a right angle on purpose to create more torque cuz after all, it is a truck not a camero. now, if you were to replace the manifold with traditional street performance one, things like the tornado, spacers, or K&N would have alot more of an effect than what they do right now. i had heard that there might be a company coming out with a after market manifold for our 4.3's. other than that, i think you are stuck with it. but if you could get one, i bet you could really hop this motor up.

i know the baja zr2, gets 450 hp out of theirs! :shock:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Well, I believe the concept of the E-Ram is a good one, but does it work. Well they guarentee it. Am I ready to spend the money on it.... no... not till I heard someone else did and was happy with it. Even then, I'm not sure I would. Someday... down the road... If anything, I'd add a supercharger before spending on a new truck I think. The costs of a new ones are getting out of hand. I just read in the paper last night, financing for new trucks with 7 years!... The way they decrease in value,... I'd be by the time your done paying your truck off in 7 years.. It wouldn't be worth much.

I just wanted to see what others here thought of it.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Don't bother with this. I've read up on this at other boards and it appears it might help very few vehicles with poor factory piping. If you read their garantee, they exclude lots of vehicles cause the factory piping is very good. Since our engine have the "Vortec" stuff on it, it's probably maxed out and this thing won't push more air through it.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]