Who's got Toppers?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Hirolln
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Who's got Toppers?

Post by Hirolln »

My wife is really on the push for me to buy a fiberglass topper for the Crew and I noticed on the main website that a few members currently have them.

So who has them, who made it, what options did you get and what kinda price tag are we talking here?

I see Steven's topper has a roof rack on it. Looks fantastic!! Especially since I was too cheap to spring for the ZR5 package to begin with :oops:

I currently have a tonneu on it that I bought off Ebay. It actually has performed better than I expected for the price. I had to buy something quickly after I bought the truck as we were headed on vacation a week later and needed some sort of bed protection. Everyone around didn't carry one for the Crew and said it would take a week to get. They were all $250 and up as well. So I bought the cheap one to get me by and it works a ton better than expected and I got it in two days drop shipped from Detroit!! I will probably hate dealing with it this winter as I use the bed constantly for various reasons.

Man, can I get off topic or what :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance!

Todd :mrgreen:
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

I've got an ARE Z-Series cap. And I love it. Its got the insulated inside, roof rack and tilt in window for easy cleaning. Thats the best feature, you can clean the cab glass as well as the cap inside and out. Keeps the heat out cause I haul my dogs in it when we go camping. I've even got it at ARE web site under customer trucks.

http://www.4are.com/cgi-bin/_b/gallery. ... make=Chevy

You can even add a rear wiper and a defroster.

Price with my options $1200

Little pricey but quality is the best. Looks like a factory option. Very clean and the lines of the cap match the truck pretty well.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]