cargo nets/make/install

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

cargo nets/make/install

Post by mjmcdowell »

I have made up some cargo nets for my 02 CC out of motorcycle,ATV nets of small and larger sizes. I took the metal/plastic hooks off the nets and replaced them with bungee style hooks, much stronger. Made a set for the bed ext. while it is folded into the bed ( by un-hooking it it can be used with the ext. on the tail gate) works very well at keeping small stuff from blowing out at higher speeds. I also made one for the top of the composit Delta brand tool box, same way and mounts in holes drilled into the cover edge that are sleeved with alum. screw spacers for a more finished look. carried a tent, ground cloth and awning/poles on a camping trip with my son, no problem, just more space to carry more stuff!! A large net was re-hooked with heavy nylon hooks so I can cover the whole bed from front of bed ext. to the tool box. Bungee hooks and nylon hooks from" Tru-Value" Hdw. store, net's from motor cycle/ ATV dealer- get the kind that stretch not the kind that is a smaller "fishing" type that does not stretch. Also from "EMS "you can get heavy black shock cord cut to any length, the possibilities are endless with a few hooks for lot's of custom tie down bungees. Wow ! rather long winded but I hope clear enough if you want the information, and oh yes the rear tow hooks/keepers are now mounted on either side of my cl. II reciever hitch at a slight angle down and they clear the bumper edge, now never to use them...I hope, Ha! Thanks to all on the input on this matter,be safe mjmcdowell