Diamond Plated Skid Plate

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Diamond Plated Skid Plate

Post by a2b »

so steven was recently talking about this. 2 weeks ago, when chuck (a friend from new mexico) showed up and the AZ invasion, he had just done this mod. and if you notice, he has also done a mod that includes putting the tow rings instead of the tow hooks. both mods look great. here is a pick

[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

forgot to mention, the diamond plate is above his aluminum plate. so the aluminum is still there, he just add the diamond above it
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

That is something very similar to what I was going to build ....I like the idea of having those massive hooks for tow hooks...I'm gonna have to copy that idea too... :D
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

What little I can see looks OK. It would be nice to see a pic without the shadows.

Having removed the front valance, do the frame and bumper braces look goofy exposed?

Maybe mounting a set of foglights in that void would tend to hide the exposed pieces?

Hows his cooling? Seems like that diamond plate piece should have some holes? Three or four holes might look good.

Do those clevis' make much noise, rattle?

Are those welded in? Guess he might remove them for the urban jungle. I'm afraid some one would steal mine so I keep it in the tool box.
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

It does look cool, but I'm not planning on removing my front valance, so the one Henry has, works for me.

Thanks though
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

HenryJ wrote:Having removed the front valance, do the frame and bumper braces look goofy exposed?

nope, it looks sweet.

someone on zr2.com wrote a mod write up on this and how to do it. i can get that info if yall want and put it up on the mod page. i might do it too.

here is another pic

[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That's a better shot, thanx.

I think three holes , or some sort of plazma cut script for air flow would be pretty 8) and it would look even better with an aluminum front shield below it.

And I'd mount some sturdy fogs to hide the core support brackets. At least they would be a little less noticeable that way. Besides you can never have enough lights, right :?:

That is a very nice ride :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK