kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Aerovisors

Post by kwalsh »

I'm thinking about these
http://www.autoventshade.com/products/aerovisor.html

instead of the normal ones. My concern is that they may create an
interference, because of their large size, when I look out my window to use the side mirrors.

Thoughts?
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

they may , and also create alot of wind noise.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

and scratch cars in the next lane :lol:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

i have the regular vent visor and they make some wind noise . and they seem to miss all other cars only stick out bout 3/4-1 in. maybe
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Aerovisors

Post by F9K9 »

kwalsh wrote:I'm thinking about these
http://www.autoventshade.com/products/aerovisor.html

instead of the normal ones. My concern is that they may create an
interference, because of their large size, when I look out my window to use the side mirrors.

Thoughts?
Might be interesting when you get "stuck" in mud and throw it in reverse :shock:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if you guys buy any go with the IN CHANNEL you can take them off at anytime. If i had it to do over i would have gotten them.
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Yep, if I could do it again I would have definately gotten the in channel ones!!
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Wow... :shock:
Those are ugly big. I know I have seen normal size in channel vent visors for the s-10. My press-on AVS visors were crap when I first put them on. The tape job on them was no good and I had to pull them off and re-do the tape with some 3M automotive tape because they leaked bad.
I think all vent visor will make wind noise.
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

jeff024 wrote:if you guys buy any go with the IN CHANNEL you can take them off at anytime. If i had it to do over i would have gotten them.
I went within channel.. Weathertech I think the brand is.. The kit has all 4 windows. they arent as large as the ones in that picture, but they work great, and are in-channell.
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
elijah

Re:

Post by elijah »

kf6kmx wrote:
jeff024 wrote:if you guys buy any go with the IN CHANNEL you can take them off at anytime. If i had it to do over i would have gotten them.
I went within channel.. Weathertech I think the brand is.. The kit has all 4 windows. they arent as large as the ones in that picture, but they work great, and are in-channell.
My friend is recently planning to buy some vent visor but we're both newbies what brand it is. Looking at the picture of the visor, it really looks nice. Now that I know what brand it is, I'm gonna tell my friend about it. Thanks for sharing this info. :wave:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The Weathertech Weatherflectors do a good job. Mine have been in service a long time now.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Dabber
Regular
Regular

Post by Dabber »

Weathertech is what i have. I have had them since i bought the truck in 04 and haven't had a problem with them once..
z28
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by z28 »

I see you guys recoment the in channel visors. Can anyone tell me exactly how these attach to the truck? Is it sturdy? I do alot of highway driving and was wondering how well they stay attached.
2003 S10 Crew Cab ZR5
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

They fit inside the window channel. I believe the Weathertech webiste had install directions?
I never had problems with mine.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Dabber
Regular
Regular

Post by Dabber »

I've never had a problem with mine. I do alot of Highway driving too, especially in summer(i don't use the Air Conditioning) You just bend them a little and they pretty much snap into place and just as easy to take out.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I had the kind on the outside. A friend the in channel ones. Go in channel. Better attachment and better look.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

i got some off brand ones off of ebay..never had any problems with them
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I bought a set of the 3-M stick on ones for my 01 CC. Pulled them off and installed them on my 03 CC. 10 years later, they are still in great shape. Not weather checked or anything. I did put a spot of silicone on the ends. But they never pealed up or leaked.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Whether you get in-channel or stick on is a personal preference. Personally I went with the stick ons and heres why. #1) create some resistance when the window tries to go up into the channel. They make window seals pretty tight on new vehicles. #2) My uncle had some bad experience with them on his new silverado quad cab. A rear ones fell out once while driving with the window down (luckily into the cab) and he had to put some tape to secure them anyways.

Downsides to the stick ons. #1) you cant take them off so if you go through a drive through car wash the place isnt responsible of they get broke (they warn you about it usually) #2) they dont look as clean as the in channel ones.