Sill Protectors

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

anvil
Crew
Crew

Sill Protectors

Post by anvil »

I did a search on this forum to see what the consensous is on sill protectors.

I didn't find a post on the topic.

I just got my crew around Halloween, and haven't found sill protectors.

I want other things as well, but I'm willing to start with the sill protectors.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A buddy of mine just put a set from NAPA on his Highrider. Black plastic mounted with double stick tape.

They really look good! :thumb:

I've added them to my "To Do List".

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

sill protectors

Post by 24digger »

I don't know if anyone makes them yet, but I bought the ones for the 4 dr blazer. The back ones are about 4" or so short, but if you place them just right they will work fine. Autovent shade by the way, is what I have.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Are the sill protectors sold specifically for the crew cabs.

The parts guy I asked had nothing listed for crew cabs.

I doubt ones from a 4 DR. Blazer will fit, and the aluminum ones are out of sight price wise. (something like 90 bucks a set)

The plain old black plastic ones with the two way tape work just fine, as I've had them on every other S-10/Sonoma I ever owned.

thanks
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

They have pre-cut plastic ones but they are only designed for the front. I was wondering if we could order two front ones and cut a set for the rear. But the suggestion of using a blazer set seems like a better idea. I might have to add this to my list first of the year too. :)

Con
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

door sills

Post by 24digger »

[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

2 4digger, nice Crew.

I like the color :D

I gues if we crew owners want store bought sill protectors for our trucks, we will have to use the Blazer/Jimmy ones.

As I mentioned earlier, the brushed aluminum sill protectors would look great, but out of sight price wise.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

are your yellow trucks the same color, cause they don't seem to look the same, Digger's looks darker, but it might just be the camera shading it differently. BTW, what kind of mud flaps are your and how were they mounted? I want to look at some cause when I snowed here a few weeks ago, snow built up all over my side steps.

Nice Yellow's BTW! Maybe I should have got that Yellow ZR5 after all...... :)

Cheers,

Con
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

con, when are you going to send in the first zr5 off roading pic ever?????????????????????????????????????????

all the pics of the month are non zr5 trucks. when are you going to step it up and represent the zr5's :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

a2b wrote:con, when are you going to send in the first zr5 off roading pic ever?????????????????????????????????????????

all the pics of the month are non zr5 trucks. when are you going to step it up and represent the zr5's :lol:

One day..... One day..... ;)

Cheers,

Con
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

2 4Digger, I too like the mud gaurds, what kind are they?

I like the bed extender, and the hard cover also. It is a nice looking truck, and the bug gaurd painted the same color.

What do you guys think about me putting the black rubber/vinyl strip on my truck? I'll have to post this question elsewhere also.
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

My mud flaps are from Auto Zone, about 8 bucks per set. I don't know about the black vinyl strip kinda don't like mine, sticks out like a sore thump. Wish it was body color. I like the ZR5's but didn't like that they made the bumpers black.
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

To answer Conmans question, I would have to say both 2 4Digger, and my truck are the same color, "Flame Yellow".

2 4Digger, about your Autozone Mud Guards, did you have to drill holes for them?

My girlfriend said she doesn't like the black strip on my truck either. I thought it would not only look nice, but be functional as well.
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

anvil yes I had to drill 3 holes in each mud flap. And yes I would say our trucks are the same color, just different lighting.
scotty

Post by scotty »

I have not tried the Napa Auto part's here in Modesto. :)

Digger the one's you have on you'rs are good looking.

Thank's guy's since i been on this site since New Year's eve it great

Well i going to Tahoe this fri hope to have pix for you all. I kinda whis that it was going to snow to do a little 4 wheeling. But alas it's going to be 2 wheeling up there. :( Scotty

How's been all you guy's MPH been on the hwy even though that my truck has only 1,500 mile's on i'm getting on flat road is 18.5 mph :shock:
Just got our red s-10 crew cab. This is our third truck. All s-10 This one all i can say is it is awsome!!!!!
6pack
Regular
Regular

Post by 6pack »

I'm not dangerous, why would you need protection? :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Paul Sill

2001 ZR2 Ext-cab

1965 Mustang
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Very funny Paul :lol: