Truck Tent

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Truck Tent

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Don't know if anyone has posted anything about a truck tent for the crew cab but I found one here http://www.tentsontrucks.com/crewcab.htm if anyone is interested. I bought one and it fits great.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I have thought about this, but I am 6'-3". How tall are you and do you fit in the tent? If I remember right my feet and legs hang off the tail gate when I lay down in the bed. :?

Steve
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

I'd say if your 6'3" your probably gonna have problems with leg room. I'm 5'9" and with a twin air mattress it's about perfect. The twin air mattress goes right to the edge of the tailgate. Anything else wouldn't fit.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

If only my tailgate had a slide out extension, then maybe I could get the tent for the regular short bed. :idea: :lol:

Steve
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Do they make slide out extensions for tailgates?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Yellow Hammer wrote:Do they make slide out extensions for tailgates?
No, I just thought it would be cool to have something like that, so I could actually fit in my bed. :lol:

Steve
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Yellow Hammer wrote:Do they make slide out extensions for tailgates?
Sure... you got a classIII receiver hitch?

Looks sturdy enough to support your feet :lol:
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Wow, that would even work for Yao Ming or Shaq! :lol:

Steve
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Here's a pic

fixed the image. click edit and you can see the images url that I used -HJ
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I just ordered a different style truck tent for $139.95 delivered. Only one color offered and I bet you can't guess what it is :lol:

Yep, you're correct

YELLOW :cry:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

f9k9 wrote:I just ordered a different style truck tent for $139.95 delivered. Only one color offered and I bet you can't guess what it is :lol:

Yep, you're correct

YELLOW :cry:
Thats the only thing keeping me from getting one...yellow on pewter...
still want to get one some day.
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Truck Tent

Post by kf6kmx »

Yellow Hammer wrote:Don't know if anyone has posted anything about a truck tent for the crew cab but I found one here http://www.tentsontrucks.com/crewcab.htm if anyone is interested. I bought one and it fits great.
I've been thinking about a veriation of the tent, from the same company
http://www.tentsontrucks.com/suvtent.html
Since I have a camper shell, I think the SUV tent would work well.
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Finally! :roll: After two years in the box I used mine at the S-10 meet in Hot Springs, AR. This was taken the first morning and was erected in the dark so, it really doesn't do the tent justice. :lol:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
CrashNburn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrashNburn »

f9k9.. i want your truck LoL
[size=75]I hold Wrench, you turn truck!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

CrashNburn wrote:f9k9.. i want your truck LoL
Thanks for the compliment. You sound like an online friend from ZR2 USA.com that I met this past week in Hot Springs, AR. He always says "I am gonna steal your truck" :lol:

I'll tell you what I tell him when he gives me his line........."I leave the keys in it all the time. How far are you gonna get once it is reported stolen?" :lol: I did let him ride with me this week since it was to dusty for his rig. :wink:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Thats a nice pic of your crew. I bet you could be see from space when all those lights are fired up.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

With all the lights on he can go hunting a half hour earlier than anyone else.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote:Thats a nice pic of your crew............
Thanks! I knew I loved yours but, it's been a couple of years since you weirded out on me and changed your avatar. Can you PM me a link to it's normal "dimension"? :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:With all the lights on .........
I didn't come back with all the KC covers :lol: There are, at least, 2 on a level 5 trail called "Rubicon" 8)