My slight drop is compleated

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

My slight drop is compleated

Post by Jim »

About 1.5 & 2 inch drop, 3 turns out on the T bars & 2wd Z85 rear springs.
I have 235/60/16 tires 8) for next summer when these 70 series are done :wink:
Now my truck & my boy's are done on the outside...he still wants to put an LS1 w/ 6 speed in his.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

whoa whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa? you dropped the crew cab????? :cry:
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks really good, Jim :bounce:

I am a little speechless after being in a "lifting" mindset for so long :D
Last edited by F9K9 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

yah im just kidding too, its still a crew so it looks good :)
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: My slight drop is compleated

Post by HenryJ »

Jim wrote:...About 1.5 & 2 inch drop...
Looks nice. Almost can't tell that it isn't stock 8)

Did you ever find the chrome , or silver body side moulding?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jim

Post by Jim »

My previous vehicle was a German wagon, before that was an ElCamino.
On my ElCamino I put cop sway bars & plus sized the wheels & tires.
The wagon needed nothing to handle good.
The crew needed alot to make it drive to my standards. :shock: I know many of you may say it's a truck...what do you expect :roll: but so are Syclone's & Typhoon's.
We don't get much deep snow here in PA and I never plan to take it off pavement. I would have purchased a 2wd ZQ8 Crew Cab if they would have made them. 8)
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Jim

Re: My slight drop is completed

Post by Jim »

HenryJ wrote:

I haven't gotten that far yet. Next mod may be the floor automatic shifter,

or the dual cat back exhaust.
By the time I'm ready to do the chrome side moldings it may be time for the lower half to be two toned silver.
Last edited by Jim on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards, Jim
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:lol: lowered cc :lol: , wait you are serious, mmmmmlooks good. :P :leave: just messing with you looks good.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeggers wrote::lol: lowered cc :lol: , wait you are serious...
:shock: WOW, "diss'n" on a moderator. That is living life dangerously! ;)

I recently cam across an article talking about aerodynamics and the advantages to smoothing the airflow of the undercarriage.
Shields and skid plates can enhance the flow characteristics. This is more important on lifted vehicles.
Now where was I going with this train of thought? I wonder if lowering yours may benefit the mileage?
Would adding "Extreme" ground effects help?
How about following Nascar design and fill all unnecessary holes in the front to smooth the frontal area?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I think this is the first time I have ever heard of anybody lowering a 4 wheel drive vehicle, but to each your own. Oh wait a minute I used to own one of those lowered CC's :!:

All kidding aside, Jim you got a really nice looking CrewCab :wink:

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Steve2003 wrote:I think this is the first time I have ever heard of anybody lowering a 4 wheel drive vehicle...
You obviously missed this crew cab-

And these threads- Jesse's crew cab , more of jesse james cc s-10 , Low rider Crew cab from Jesse James(yah the Chopper Guy!) and Which way should I go?.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Now that you posted that I remember something about him ruining a CrewCab but then again that doesn't suprise me about him. In fact I don't have a lot of good things to say about Mr. Jesse James but I better shut up now before I get myself in trouble.

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

I really took allot of crap from an S-10 forum because I asked about lowering a Crew Cab three years ago. We all have our opinions and desires of how we think our rides should be. I say that individuality is what has helped us develop many of the aftermarket products we have available to us today. Oh yeah I don't think much of Jesse James & his vehicles either.
Best Regards, Jim
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

This molding is an exact fit for our trucks my buddy next door got it for his truck and I held it against mine and was exact in every way

CHROME TRIM THAT FITS THE CREW
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jim wrote:................. I say that individuality is what has helped us develop many of the aftermarket products we have available to us today...........................................

Amen, Brother and let's have another round on me :cheers:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

You know what? To each their own!!! I like the lowered CC! Like he said, he's not going off road with it! What's the big deal?? I think he should even go a bit lower! Jim, I like your truck and I like HJ's idea of the Xtreme ground effects. So you'll have a cool street truck that just happens to have four wheel drive just in case the snow DOES get deep there in PA.

Good lookin truck, Jim!
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Don't forget the blazinlow.com forums -- tons of people on there looking for ways to drop 4x4 blazers. Honestly - Torsion bar drops are some of the easiest setups to drop the way Jim did.

Random pic - lowered 4x4 blaze...all it needs is a Turbocharged 4.3 and a working AWD system...to me it looks like what a 2nd Gen Typhoon would/should have turned out as.

[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

hey GO BIG or GO LOW its all good :D

jim, your crew would look good with a body kit :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I look at it this way, if I never took my crewcab off road and it was a daily driver on the street only, I would probably do the same thing. For a strickly street machine, handling and performance is #1 with me. In fact I might still do it, if I ever get the Blazer running. Then I would only off road the Blazer and the CC would be a street ride only.

Then again, at the rate I'm moving on the Blazer, I'll probably never get it going so the crewcab is safe for now.
Jim

Post by Jim »

If anybody wants to do a slight drop the Z85 four leaf springs from a 2wd truck like the one theses came from is the ticket.
Best Regards, Jim
Jim

Post by Jim »

No comment just a thought I had three years ago before I got my wheels. :idea:

I think I like it short with the Isuzu bed :shock:

Best Regards, Jim
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Fourteen months ago I was bad mouthing four door mid sized short ((really short beds like the Explorer Sport trac(SP?)) pickups :lol:

Thirteen months with my Crew and I am a happy camper :D

Took some time and some mods but, I am satisfied :)

I still wish I had discovered forums before I traded my ZR2 for the current Crew. I am still finding myself thinking about the mods I could have done to the Z with the money I paid for the trade. Let alone what I have spent in mods since :wink:

That was then and this is now, as they say.

Raise 'em, slam 'em, each to their own. Have met a lot of good folks here and am just grateful for that. I thank all for sharing their knowledge :D

Just in case I have left any openings for Barch to grab his trusty stick and start stirring, I wanna thank Barch for becoming predictable :roflmao:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Jim wrote:No comment just a thought I had three years ago before I got my wheels. :idea:

I think I like it short with the Isuzu bed :shock:

I always sort of wondered about lenghtening the frame and putting a full length S-10 bed on but now that I see what it would look like, I agree. It looks better with the short bed.
Jim

Re: My slight drop is compleated

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:
HenryJ wrote:

I haven't gotten that far yet. Next mod may be the floor automatic shifter,

or the dual cat back exhaust.
By the time I'm ready to do the chrome side moldings it may be time for the lower half to be two toned silver.
Floor shift will be next I'm gathering parts...I now have the woodgrain part.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWA%3AIT
Best Regards, Jim
BikerBoomer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BikerBoomer »

ok, i have been looking for this and i just found it.

I had a few questions for you.
1. Where are the tbars
2. how hard was it to turn them out.
3. were the new rear springs easy to install?
4. do the struts hit the bump stops now at all?

Thanks in advanced.
Jim

Post by Jim »

BikerBoomer wrote:ok, i have been looking for this and i just found it.

I had a few questions for you.
1. Where are the tbars
2. how hard was it to turn them out.
3. were the new rear springs easy to install?
4. do the struts hit the bump stops now at all?

Thanks in advanced.
1. Adjusting screws are half way back the truck.
2. Easy count the turns so if you go too far you can go back, 3.5 out was mine.
3. Easy 2-3 on a 1-10
4. Yes, I now have urethane bump stops.
Best Regards, Jim