Rock Sliders

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

jeffg

Rock Sliders

Post by jeffg »

Anyone know of a vender that has rock sliders for our trucks? Tried Googling it, but was awash in jeep sites :( .

Thanks,

Jeff
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

E-Mail This Guy...

Chris Knaffle @ chris.knaffle@gmail.com He Is From ZR2.Com And Does A Lot Of Custom Parts For The Zr2 S10's. I Am Getting Ready To Have Him Make A Set For Me As I Write This. He Is Going To Do A Custom Set That Will Bolt On To Where My Factory ZR5 Nerf Bars Bolt On Now.

EDITED: Here Is The Link To His Thread On ZR2.com Sliders
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Check out my website link. I really like his, same guy that did Hobie's. And they really hold the weight of the truck.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Mine are officially enroute from Chris :pray:

My hood is still in the body shop so the sliders will join the SKIDZ flares in the installation waiting line line :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

f9k9 wrote:Mine are officially enroute from Chris :pray:

My hood is still in the body shop so the sliders will join the SKIDZ flares in the installation waiting line line :wink:
Interesting furniture. You know, it wouldn't be hard to make a nice coffee table out of some of those things! Just add a piece of glass or something across the top... :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, Chris' comment was I have to get them out of here before the wife gets home and then I got the UPS confirmation :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Hey F9K9, did you win the lottery or something? Your modding up a storm!!! :)
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

SONOMA915 wrote:Hey F9K9, did you win the lottery or something? Your modding up a storm!!! :)

Not really, these have been in the works forever it seems :D

The sliders were ordered back in August.

The hood was always planned, cancelled, then just happened along at a good price last month :wink:

The flares were thought about, since their beginning and I committed to them thinking I had more time.

They are just falling into place at the same time, the wrong time :shock:

Would have preferred them spread out like one every six months :!:
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Crazy!! Mrs. F9K9 must not be seing the bank statements? Huh? Oh well what she doesnt know wont hurt her.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

SONOMA915 wrote:Crazy!! Mrs. F9K9 must not be seing the bank statements? Huh? Oh well what she doesnt know wont hurt her.
SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :hide:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

did you check out the mod page? there is a write up about sliders and where to get them.

i think the website is

www.demello-offroad.com

- hobie
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

a2b wrote:did you check out the mod page? there is a write up about sliders and where to get them.

i think the website is

www.demello-offroad.com

- hobie
I did check them out and they have skyrocketed. I getting these to my door cheaper than the ones on the mod page. Those are really nice ones though.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:Mine are officially enroute from Chris :pray:...
:bounce: Got My Notification Today.....Mine Are On The Way Too, Wonder If I Can Hide These Under The Tree Where Mrs. Gocntry Won't See Them :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Mine arrived today. Haven't unwrapped them but, they have the frame mounting brackets exposed and they look good :thumb:

Those suckers are heavy duty :yikes:

Don't know when I will try to mount them with the current weather we have.
Chris told the body lifted ZR2 guys that the the parking brake brackets on the driver's side will need to be relocated so, I assume I will have to do it as well :( gocntry's is not lifted and with luck, his may bolt right up on the existing ZR5 nerf bar studs :thumb:
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

those look like great products , and if only my dad didn't retire - he could have made me a set for FREE ! .
can't wait to see pics
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Blaze One wrote:those look like great products , and if only my dad didn't retire - he could have made me a set for FREE ! .
can't wait to see pics
Am sure gocntry's will be posted before mine but, If money was no object the www.demello-offroad.com sliders are awesome looking.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:am sure gocntry's will be posted before mine
I Won't Have Mine On Until After X-mas, I Received Mine Today Also, I Had Mine Done With The Xtra Step Bars Attached. They Are Definately Monsters. Chris Told Me I Would Bend My Frame Before I Bent His Sliders And I Believe It. :thumb:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry wrote:
f9k9 wrote:am sure gocntry's will be posted before mine

I Won't Have Mine On Until After X-mas, I Received Mine Today Also, I Had Mine Done With The Xtra Step Bars Attached. They Are definitely Monsters. Chris Told Me I Would Bend My Frame Before I Bent His Sliders And I Believe It. :thumb:

You'll still beat me for posting photos :D

I initially thought about the steps but figured if I was on something that the sliders were actually saving my hide on, the steps would possibly prevent me from successfully traversing the obstacle :D
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

f9k9 wrote:Mine arrived today. Haven't unwrapped them but, they have the frame mounting brackets exposed and they look good :thumb:

Those suckers are heavy duty :yikes:

Don't know when I will try to mount them with the current weather we have.
Chris told the body lifted ZR2 guys that the the parking brake brackets on the driver's side will need to be relocated so, I assume I will have to do it as well :( gocntry's is not lifted and with luck, his may bolt right up on the existing ZR5 nerf bar studs :thumb:
How much did these bad boys set you back? :o
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

SONOMA915 wrote:...............How much did these bad boys set you back? :o

Without needing professional help on relocating the parking brake cable brackets (which I may or may not need), $475 to my work site (from MI) versus $489 from Demello-offroad (before shipping from CA). Shipping was around $75 and I really felt sorry for our regular UPS guy having to deal with those on top of all the other Christmas hassles :(
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Don't forget to get some pics of them installed. I would like to see them on a your color truck before I look into purchasing them. I'm sure that there are alot of UPS drivers that hate the Christmas season!
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:...Those suckers are heavy duty :yikes:...
Well Out Of Curiosity I Unwrapped One Of Mine And Put It On A Digital Scale We Have Here At Work They Weigh :shock: 78.5 LBS :shock: EACH!!
Well There Goes A Couple MPG :lol:
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Here's A Pic If Anybody Wants To See...

The Support Bars Are 2x2, The Main Slider Is 2x3 And The Step Bar Is 2"
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Well I Couldn't Stand It.....Work Was Slow So I Went Outside And Mounted My Sliders In The Parking Lot. I Still Have To Drill A Couple Holes & Grind Out A Couple Bolt Holes To Fit The Sliders A Little Better But Trial Fit Is Pretty Good. :thumb:
F9K9 Mine Fit Just Under The Brake Cables But If Yours Go Higher Due To A Body Lift You Will Probably Have To Adjust Your Cable Bracket :( (see the 3rd pic)

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

They look really good. :thumb:

I would ordered the extra steps had known they were going to be full length. The drawings I saw only had either 2 front door steps or four seperate steps for all the doors. That is why I didn't want them, I could picture the steps hanging up on obstacles.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

gocntry wrote:Well I Couldn't Stand It.....Work Was Slow So I Went Outside And Mounted My Sliders ...
:thumb: A man after my own heart!

Around here those extra bars would be called rocker protectors. You might add some traction strips from the local skateboard shop, if you do plant to use them for steps. They can get really slick whe trying to wash the roof :shock:

They really do look good. What did yours run with the bars and , I assume , powdercoating?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

gocntry, those sliders look real nice! :thumb: I am also curious how much this set up costs? I might have to add this to the mod list. :idea:

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Now, the bottom photo with the emergency brake cable is the driver's side rear mounting location. Imagine that 2" support piece being welded 2" higher on the plate that is directly touching the frame.

Mine is gonna be a PITA to try to work.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:...Mine is gonna be a PITA to try to work.
Maybe not. If it is 2" OD tubing you may be able to run your cable just below them. If it won't clear, drill a hole through them to run the cable.
Easy! :mg:

Are yours powdercoated too?
Last edited by HenryJ on Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:
f9k9 wrote:...Mine is gonna be a PITA to try to work.
Maybe not. If it is 2" OD tubing you may be able to run your cable just below them. If it won't clear, drill a hole through them to run the cable.
Easy! :mg:

Maybe we need a better pic of that rear cable mount, because to me it looks like the cable is at least 1/2" higher than the slider tubing. :? Also, if you drill a hole through the slider tubing, you might weaken it a little. I like the hole idea, but I would also weld in a piece of tubing going through the slider to reinforce it and to prevent stuff from getting inside the tubing which will help promote rusting. :wink:

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Round holes should offer no noticeable weakening. Sealing them is a good point though.
Without a welder available how about drilling the holes large enough for grommets and squeeze a piece of tubing through them to seal it? I could also see drilling them to fit a piece of rubber hose, pushing it through and sealing with some RTV. How about filling them with expanding foam and redrilling the hole? Then use some paint or RTV to seal the foam? Lots of options.

Those main bars look pretty heavy...Hmmmm :idea: I wonder how much compressed air they would hold? I could see drilling a hole and tapping it for a tire valve. Then drill and tap another for a coupler. Add the same thing on the otherside, or connect the two together with a small piece of airline tubing.
Twin air tanks! :mg: Might be enough to air up once after an offroad adventure? Or a nice extra should you have a low tire?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:Round holes should offer no noticeable weakening.
True, as long as you don't go nuts and drill a 1" hole. :lol: If these were my sliders I would weld in a piece of tubing, but you are right that not everybody has access to a welder, so your other ideas would be much easier. :D BTW, the twin air tanks is an interesting idea. 8) I wonder if anyone has tried something like this before?

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I don't think a 1" hole in 2" square tube would scare me as long as it was centered and did not enter the corner radius.

I've seen custom tube bumpers used as air tanks, why not sliders? Round would be optimal, but those should be beefy enough to handle some pretty good pressure if the welds are air tight.
You can bet I would try it :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

The front cable mount is the trick. He used the front ZR5 nerf bar mounting point for the front attachement. Unless you have the ZR5 option, we'll have to wait for more pics for you to see that mess that will be :D
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

reed..... i think we can run your cable above the sliders!!!!might have to make a bracket or two... but that's what steel is for!!!! :D
let me know when you get yours on!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

top_sgt wrote:reed..... i think we can run your cable above the sliders!!!!might have to make a bracket or two... but that's what steel is for!!!! :D
let me know when you get yours on!!!
I don't think I can get the driver's side on without moving the front emergency bracket. You remember how we had to alter the front nerf bracket when we raised the nerfs after the BL? These suckers are four times as big :lol:

To make matters worse, I want this mod to be reversible, in case, I ever trade the CC so that I can sell the sliders to another member. I know that I won't get squat for the sliders from a dealer and I'd rather sell them for $100 versus let a dealer have them. :shock:
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

78.5 lbs each , holy crap
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

HenryJ wrote:....They really do look good. What did yours run with the bars and , I assume , powdercoating?
Ok Are You Guys Hanging On To Your Wallets? :lol:
The Ones I Got Were $670.00 Shipped To My Door.

The Basic Sliders Were $300.00 And Consist Of The Following: 2x3x1/4" tubing for the slider itself, 2x2x1/4" tubing for the outrigger bars, and 3/8" plate to mount to the frame (two mounts per side)"

The Rocker Protector Added An Additional $170.00 And Consist Of 2" OD DOM tube.

Sandblasting And Black Powdercoating Added Another $100.00

And Shipping Was Another $100.00 (Shipping Weight Was 81 Lbs Each.

F9K9 wrote:I don't think I can get the driver's side on without moving the front emergency bracket.
Yep I Believe Your Right There, (I'll Try To Get Some Pics For Ya) But The Mounting Plate For My Sliders Sits Up Against The Mounting Tab For The Parking Brake In The Front So It Will definitely Be In The Way.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Ok Here's A Couple More Pics Of The Mounts

The Rear Mount

The Front Mount

The Add On Protector Is Angled

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I see what you guys mean :( I sure hope the 2" lifted set took that bracket into consideration. Removing it for installation would probably not be an option.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:I see what you guys mean :( I sure hope the 2" lifted set took that bracket into consideration. Removing it for installation would probably not be an option.
I just looked at mine compared to his pic and it is even worse than I feared. I don't even see how I could relocate the front in any way, shape or form. I'll have to try to get pics of mine with the slider in the pic so maybe we can brainstorm on this situation. :idea:
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:...so maybe we can brainstorm on this situation. :idea:
I Measured Under There, From The Cable To The Top Of The Slider Support Is About 1". From The Cable To The Floorboard Is About 2".

2 Ideas That Come To Mind Are:

Grind Off The Cable Bracket On The Frame And Make Your Own Mount To Weld To The Top Of The Slider Support Bar

Or Maybe You Can Get The Slider High Enough And Get Some Extra Slack In The Cable To Run It UNDER The Slider Bar Instead Of Over Top?

Just Some Thoughts To Throw Out There...........
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

They are some good thoughts :D

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the works, my brackets are both welded to the top of the plate with extra support welded underneath them.

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:I sure hope the 2" lifted set took that bracket into consideration. Removing it for installation would probably not be an option.
For the 2" lifted set wouldn't it be easier to just have the mounting pad in the same place with the main support bars angled up at about 30 degrees to gain the additional 2" in height, instead of the horizontal main supports and mounting pads that need to be moved up 2". Does anyone have pictues of sliders that are made for us guys with the 2" BL? For the kind of money you guys are spending on these sliders I would expect them to fit without having to remove brackets and do a lot of custom work. :roll:

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

killian96ss wrote:...For the 2" lifted set wouldn't it be easier to just have the mounting pad in the same place with the main support bars angled up at about 30 degrees to gain the additional 2" in height...
Exactly what I would have done :D

We have yet to see them , nor have they been test fitted. All this worry may be for naught. I'm sure he didn't just move the holes down 2" on the plates and expect them to fit with out some checking for clearances. Chris is a pretty smart guy.

We will wait and see.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

ok guys!!! after looking at my body lifted truck.....and thinking about the sliders on a lifted truck......reed -- i think i can fashion a couple of brackets for the cable to run above the slider. the cable has plenty of play in it. we'll have to see how your sliders will mount to work out the details. i still have a few pieces of the bodylift steel plates that will work fine. and then again...home depot has steel too!!!! :D
if the cross braces to the frame are in the right spot....would be no problem. that way you may not have to cut off the stock cable brackets!!!!
might even be able to bolt them on and not need any welding!!!! :D
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:
killian96ss wrote:...For the 2" lifted set wouldn't it be easier to just have the mounting pad in the same place with the main support bars angled up at about 30 degrees to gain the additional 2" in height...
We have yet to see them , nor have they been test fitted. All this worry may be for naught. I'm sure he didn't just move the holes down 2" on the plates and expect them to fit with out some checking for clearances. Chris is a pretty smart guy.......
Trust me on this, I measured. Just picture the base and support moved up 2 inches. I have my sliders at work and carried my laptop out to them to compare.

cknaffle wrote:............For the guys that have body lifts, I am sorry to say it, but will probably have to do some relocating of the emergency brake cable brackets. The front one just needs to be moved up above the support bars (quick and easy). The rear one needs to be moved up as well, but it won't be quite as easy, but shouldn't be a big deal. No, the cable can't go below because there are big gussets there now.....................Front is easy. Cut the bracket off with sawzall or cutting wheel. Weld the bracket to a small piece of flat stock and then weld the flat stock to the frame. The bracket needs to be raised up about 2" or so.

The rear one I'm not sure offhand. I really didn't look at it very close and figure it out. All I know for sure is the support for the sliders is probably going to be right in the way. You "may" be able to put it above the support. Its going to be hard to tell until its actually on the vehicle.

Its not a big deal to unhook the ebrake cable and drive without it until you get it figured out.
Last edited by F9K9 on Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:
HenryJ wrote:...All this worry may be for naught...
...I measured. Just picture the base and support moved up 2 inches...
cknaffle wrote:............For the guys that have body lifts, I am sorry to say it, but will probably have to do some relocating of the emergency brake cable brackets.
Bummer. Not exactly a "bolt-on" :(

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Bummer. Not exactly a "bolt-on" :(
.............. :lol: :bonk:
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

the sliders look great :thumb:

alright.....just out of curiuosity.....how many of you have ever used their parking/emergency break. i did once just to see if it worked but that's it.

soooooooooo......why not just remove the cable and brackets?

and about the idea of moving the cable to the bottom side, what if you need your sliders over some rock and the cable comes between the rock and slider? might catch and cause damage. just a thought :?
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

bwenny247 wrote:...just out of curiuosity.....how many of you have ever used their parking/emergency break.
:wave: Me, me!
I'm guessing that you have yet to break a parking pawl? Been there done that :lol: When parking on a steep incline I set the parking brake to take the pressure off of the transmission. I also turn the wheels in the direction of least travel should those fail.

Over cautious...probably :lol:

I had a Falcon pick-up that used a piece of fire wood for a parking brake after I broke the pawl. I like to think I've grown some since then ;)

Reed, Have your wife look into a CPR course for ducks. You are going to have to breathe some life into them eventually :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

bwenny247 wrote:alright.....just out of curiuosity.....how many of you have ever used their parking/emergency break. i did once just to see if it worked but that's it.
I use it frequently when on trails when I need to get out of the truck to check out an obstacle and I am on a steep slope. I would not want to trust it in "PARK".
bwenny247 wrote:and about the idea of moving the cable to the bottom side, what if you need your sliders over some rock and the cable comes between the rock and slider? might catch and cause damage. just a thought :?
Normally you would be correct in this but, I have a brace on mine that he doesn't have. It is represented by my poor red artwork. Holes could be drilled in that brace/support and would protect the cable any metal pinch,

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:I'm guessing that you have yet to break a parking pawl? Been there done that :lol: When parking on a steep incline I set the parking brake to take the pressure off of the transmission. I also turn the wheels in the direction of least travel should those fail.
This is a very good point to bring up. :thumb: I used to harass the wife all the time about this one. :lol: She does it now, but it took a while to convince her that I wasn't just making this one up. :lol: This is a very good habit to start, because when that pawl breaks, a lot of bad things can happen. :shock: Always set the parking before putting the transmission in park. :D

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:...................Reed, Have your wife look into a CPR course for ducks. You are going to have to breathe some life into them eventually :mg:
I know :bonk:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Okay, they are mounted, the parking brake is disconnected temporarily :(

Chris is right about the rear being a problem :( I have the front figured out but, the rear will need some serious thinking to solve it's location. If you raise it two inches then the cab mounts get in the way. No photos of the sliders for now, Sue has hidden the camera and I don't have access to but, I promise I'll take them a lot faster than Steve did on the sway bar bushings :lol:

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

As Promised......

ImageImageImage
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

anyone know if Knaffle is still reachable at chris.knaffle@gmail.com?

the link at the top of this thread now forwards to zr2usa.com, and to search or look up a member requires you to register, and apparently registration requires that you prove you own a ZR2.

I'm not jumping through all those hoops.

Edit:
Sorry - I found a breadcrumb trail that got me to Synergy offroad where Jigg apparently sells the Knaffle sliders - but at $319 raw, and add $129 for powdercoating etc.... Demello sells thiers for $199 in a DIY kit. (raw steel, main slider sections are welded up - you fab up the mounts and brackets from the included materials.)

Actually - now that I think about it, Hobie's old truck is still around town - and I have yet to be able to track the owner down to ask him if he might still have the demello sliders that he took off of it.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

adrenalnjunky wrote:.... Demello sells thiers for $199 in a DIY kit. (raw steel, main slider sections are welded up - you fab up the mounts and brackets from the included materials.)..............
I can find nothing on the Demello OFFROAD site that even mentions this unless I missed it.. If, you can find a CC member close to JCR Off Road in MI to leave his rig with them a day or two then you can almost get a bolt on or weld on for a little over $200. They don't have templates for our rigs but, I saw some that they built for a ZR2 that was left there and it was awesome. Chris doesn't know how they can build them that cheap with the price of steel but, he made a a generous offer to pick them up for me if, I wanted some modifications made to them for my XJ.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Demello DIY sliders

I know they're not specific for other trucks, but I can't imagine that you couldn't get them to build a set up and provide enough mounting bracket material to fit other vehicles. Would just take a little measuring on the purchaser's part - plus Demello has made sliders for the Crewcabs before - he might already have the measurements.

Plus - I'm driving a blazer - so I dunno what differences might be from the Crewcab and the blazer frames for mounting tabs.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

adrenalnjunky wrote:............ plus Demello has made sliders for the Crewcabs before - he might already have the measurements............
Might be worth a shot to call him. He night have kept the jig for our rigs. Looks like he has focused on "yotas" as of late.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

if he took the sliders off my truck, he torched them off and the legs would be toast. but we could still use the main part.

i might be in shreveport for a while starting in august. hit me up and i will just make you some sliders.....way cheaper than what these guys are charging. no big deal.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Demellos sliders are awsome and very stronge. I've slid off boulders and all the weight of the truck slamming on it with no problem.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]