Taylor Spiro Pro plug wire kit

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Taylor Spiro Pro plug wire kit

Post by AZS10Crew »

I got the Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro plug wire kit installed this past weekend and it seemed that there were a couple extra wires in the kit. It was two short (about 9"-10") wires with black boots on each end. Any idea what these would be for?

Also...I wish I would have realized before I struggled through changing the first two plugs that my BL made for easy acces to the plugs through the wheel well. :twisted: Oh well...live and learn I guess. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

One wire was for the coil. Actually you had 2 coil wired. Did you replace your stock coil wire?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

f9k9 wrote:One wire was for the coil. Actually you had 2 coil wired. Did you replace your stock coil wire?
Nope...I got to thinking after I finished installing the plug wires that it might be something that connects to the coil but wasn't sure. Whill I use them both? Where are they located?
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

on the distrubiter to the coil , you will have 1 wire left over
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Just pick the one closest to the one you removed. It is the rear most wire (closest to firewall) to the distributor cap on the passenger side. It runs from the cap, under the plug wires and goes to the coil which is towards the front of the crew and on the passenger side of your thermostat.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I think the extra coil wire is for models that use a different coil.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Yeah, I bought a Taylor wire set for my 95 and it has a different type plug, more like a spark plug end. This set came with 2 coil wires.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:I think the extra coil wire is for models that use a different coil.

OMG I gave advice and wasn't corrected :yikes:

"Quick Mrs. Hoff...........where did we hide that long lost bottle of champagne? I have to run to get my journal to record this glorious moment before Brule comes to his senses and edits his post" :speedy: :cheers: :roflmao:
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

here's to ya,,reed!!!! :cheers:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

top_sgt wrote:here's to ya,,reed!!!! :cheers:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop but, thanks, David :cheers:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You gotta throw'em a bone now and then :roll:

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:You gotta throw'em a bone now and then :roll:
Hmmmmm, now I just need to wait 12 months for another one :lol:

Talk about a draught........................ :D

TY, HJ!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Taylor Spiro Pro plug wire kit

Post by HenryJ »

jackc wrote::wave: Don't worry, i have some ideas... The world is so big... :2:
Ya really use these in Pakistan? :!:

- ThunderII KE7CSK