Bench front seat

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Bench front seat

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Has anyone considered or tried replacing the stock bucket seats/center console with a bravada or blazer rear seat?

If anyone has one or both of these vehicles would you mind measuring out the seat widths to see if the seats would fit between the front doors?

Just a little idea I had, thinking about trying it. Im gonna be switching to floor shift t-case w/ my SAS and dont mind the idea of the wife sitting next to me when we ride around. Im also thinking about possibly turning the rear seat into buckets (regardless of what I do with the front). Gonna give me more room to mount stuff in the cab.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I did something kinda like that

I straight up traded one of my friends that has a regular cab s10 manual, he had 60/40 seats with the center console that is a part of the seat and flips down. that way I had room on my floor for my twin sticks.

So far I LOVE the seats, it is sooo much better than the long center console, but I still have somewhere to rest my arm.

here is a picture, you can't really see the 60/40 seats, but when I traded my friend he gave me the shifter console too b/c he had a manual and it just happened to fit perfectly over the twin sticks. Most people don't even notice that they are there, just b/c they look stock

[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Did you have to make new brackets or was it bolt in?

That is exactly what I want to do, didnt think about using a front bench from a reg cab. Ive found a bunch of rear bravada and blazer seats online though.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I don't think rear seats would be the same

the 60/40 bench from the regular cab is a DIRECT bolt in. I didn't have to change anything. Another plus of the regular cab seats is that they flip and slide all the way forward.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Thanks for all the help man. Tight truck by the way. I looked at your car domain site. I think I might still have the mag your blazer is in. Congrats the the build. Hopefully my truck will be in that category by this time next year.
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

How far back do the bench seats recline? My middle console is pretty loose and rattles alot. I like the 60/40 bench seats like my Sonoma had but cant remember how far they go back. I like to sleep in my truck when I get to work too early. :lol: