Retro Tail Lights

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Retro Tail Lights

Post by Joseph »

I've seen now they got retro tail lights for S-10's and others car/trucks. They look great I might get a set for the right price. If someone could post a pic of a set for S-10. Some reason my computer won't post pics on this site. :? JH68
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

This is the second time I've seen you post that. I'm not sure exactly what you're doing wrong but maybe this'll help...

You can't post pictures directly from your computer. Well, you can but, not the way I suspect you're doing it. What you need is an online host. A site that is online 24/7 and publicly accessible. You upload your pics to it and then post the url/link to your pic here.

There used to be a lot of free hosts but, they're getting harder to find lately. I've been using yahoo groups for quite some time. They seem to work pretty well for a free service. Only catch is that recent versions of internet explorer block content from other sites by default. So, to see images hosted by yahoo, you'll need to adjust your browser's security settings.

Tools>Internet Options

click on the privacy tab

click on edit

enter www.yahoo.com in the address field

click allow

click ok

click ok

and you're now receiving remotely linked content from all yahoo addresses.

If there's enough interest in a remote host at yahoo, I'll set up a group for this board's use and post a link.

Edit:

I went ahead and setup a group to host pics. Here's the link. Just click on the "files" link in the left column and make a new folder for yourself and upload away. If you or anyone else has any trouble or needs any help, feel free to ask.
Last edited by barch97 on Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Retro Tail Lights

Post by Conman »

Joseph wrote:I've seen now they got retro tail lights for S-10's and others car/trucks. They look great I might get a set for the right price. If someone could post a pic of a set for S-10. Some reason my computer won't post pics on this site. :? JH68

I think your talking about APCs new taillights. JCW catalog has pics of it.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml? ... 80&BQ=jcw2

[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

Thanks for the info for the posting pixs and for the tail lights. I would like to get a set in flat black. I think they look pretty cool. JH68
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Does anyone know about clear lenses? I want to get black tail light guards and want somthing to make them stand out more, but dont really want to spend 150 or so on a full tail light. The only things I could find were lenses for the front from stylinconcepts. Also does anyone know of a company other then westin that makes tail light guards? I was looking for some that stick out a little more then thesehttp://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm ... &brandid=0