This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

loki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

body lift

Post by loki »

Hey hey!!

I'm looking for a 2 inch body lift, can anyone direct me to one?
Also I'm looking for a hidden hitch, again, can anyone direct me to one?
Thanks
[size=75]I love Homer Simpsons shoes[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
loki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by loki »

Hey hey!!!

THanks for the directions to the hidden hitch, but I'm still having trouble finding the actual body lift. I tried jegs and other places and I still cant find one. Anyone have any ideas?
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
loki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by loki »

Hey hey!!

Great, thanks. Which kit should I get? They call the cabs regular or extended. Or do I get a blazer body lift? I've got an 02 4x4 crew.
Thanks
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

loki wrote:Hey hey!!

Great, thanks. Which kit should I get? They call the cabs regular or extended. Or do I get a blazer body lift? I've got an 02 4x4 crew.
Thanks
All you should have to do after clicking that link is hit "add to cart". That's the correct kit for your application.
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Hey Walt. Here is your chance to move a thread :)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

f9k9 wrote:Hey Walt. Here is your chance to move a thread :)
:lol:
--Walt
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

on that summit link it dosent say crew anywhere. your positive itll fit tho right?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

If, it fits an extended cab non ZR2 it will fit our CCs. If, it doesn't fit and you have the correct part number, I will reimburse you the costs.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

ha sounds good to me. i just wanted to make sure before buying it
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

NP. it is just that some of use grow weary answering the same questions almost daily. We (me), just need to remember what it was like when we first got on a forum. The 192 is "good to go"! Do a search on BDS suspensions for your crew. Their instruction clears up points that the PA instructions are weak in.
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

ok i just bought it.
thanks a lot
i cant wait for it to get here :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Start soaking all fasteners daily with PB blaster or Sea Foam Deep Creep. It will help, I promise :wink:
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

i definately know what your talking about. thanks for the tip
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

heres a pic of the lift, let me know what you think.
before
after

i think its as tall the the escalade now :lol:
i need wheels tho :?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Wow, those wheels really shrunk!
Look into some gap guards too :mg: Looks good!

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

haha i know! im going to the wheel shop tomorrow to see if they have any deals and if not ill buy them online. i was thinking about just making some gap gaurds. just with some rubber material or something. like a rubber floor mat. i could do that right?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

The lift looks great! Don't ask my opinion of the Chinese made wheels that are wrapped with black rubber bands :wink: Toss some rattle can undercoating on the frame and wheel wells 8)
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

thanks! yea looks like im goin to wally world tomorrow too :lol:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

HCO4x4 wrote: i was thinking about just making some gap gaurds. just with some rubber material or something. like a rubber floor mat. i could do that right?
I used 1/8" rubber belting to make mine. Check HomeDepot, Lowes or your local home improvement center for some thing that would work. A quick search should find a good thread on the xmas tree fasteners that I use to attach them.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

sweet. i cant see spending $100 just for that
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

For lack of a better term, they are rubber baseboards. The thingys that walls meet the tiled floors with in commercial buildings. That is what Top_Sgt put on mine when my back was turned :lol:
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

Looking at that truck gives me visions of Burt Reynolds wearing a leather vest no shirt and a Banjo playing in the background.

PS Just pokin fun, could not help myself :lol:
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

williamcstonejr wrote:Looking at that truck gives me visions of Burt Reynolds wearing a leather vest no shirt and a Banjo playing in the background.
:lol:
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I would say bigger tires, or if you like the chrome bigger rims, are a necessity.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

williamcstonejr wrote: PS Just pokin fun, could not help myself :lol:
Hush or, I will let the rest of the world know what you have stumbled upon :!:
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Enough said! :roflmao:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

green02crew wrote:I would say bigger tires, or if you like the chromebigger rims, are a necessity.
Someone promise to drive here and shoot me if, this is the current trend for this forum :wink:
I really do try to keep an open mind but, I can only go so far :!:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Dub City! It might grow on you ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Dub City! It might grow on you ;)
Won't even google it, Sir!
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Google results for Dub city

Google results Dub City http://www.jadatoys.com/ actually the speed racer toys are pretty cool! Reminds me of being a kid on saturday morning with a bowl full of Honeycomb cereal :wink:
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I'm not saying big flashy chrome rims are for everybody. Personally I prefer stock or something close too it. Black as well with a nice set of oversized tires. But it depends on your area and tastes or what you're using the truck for. I wouldn't get them but i'm not going to knock someone that would either as we all have different tastes. On another note its pretty funny in my area you get those ricers with low profile tires and big chrome rims wondering why they get blowouts all the time and huge dents ruining their expensive "dubs". I guess they just never heard of frostheaves! haha!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

lol i put those on because they were sitting in the garage and the stuck tires were bald. some kid told me to put 26's on it :lol:
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

You gotta either put those step bars back on or paint the frame black!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

2 steps ahead of ya. i picked up a can of paint today. and some rubber to cover the gap and engine. trying to order rims and tires now. having backspacing problems.
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

did the frame and made new gaurds for the front, still have to do the back. Everything looks good and the gaurds took 8.95 to make.

a little better now?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HCO4x4 wrote:.............a little better now?
Much better!!!!!!! I do still dislike you because of your location and having your windows down while I am am dealing with 0* wind chill :lol: A little rattle can goes a long way in dressing up your rig! Looks 100% betterImage
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

:lol: i know i have my windows down almost year round. i think it looks a lot better. if i got a paint job it could pass for an 05 :P
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HCO4x4 wrote::lol: i know i have my windows down almost year round. i think it looks a lot better. if i got a paint job it could pass for an 05 :P
Except for the fact that anyone who is on top of things would know that '05 BlaZeR2s where all that rolled out then. Still looks righteous!!!
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

hahaha woo you know your stuff. an 04 then 8)
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

I do still dislike you because of your location and having your windows down while I am am dealing with 0* wind chill :lol:
Well you're both on my dislike list because i haven't seen temps above single digits for 2 weeks. -6 when i went to work yesterday, yes that's air-temp, not wind chill. :cry:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Do I get any points for being born in MI?
Noma02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Noma02 »

Nice rig (once you get some bigger tires,LOL) just poking at ya. But I do like the rig. Are you going to put the step rails back on?
[size=75]2002 Sonoma crew cab. Mod air box. drop in K&N air filter , Tonneau cover.[/size] Bug deflector, vent guards. Step rail next!
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

thanks, the tires should be here tuesday lol. i dont think im going to put them back on. i like it better without. plus theyre not in such great condition. the previous owner must have ran over wet paint because theres tan pain drops all over the bottom of the rails. i scratched all of it off the truck. and the plastic steps are coming off the rail. its time to junk them.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I wouldn't junk them yet... I'm sure someone here would put them to good use!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Here in So Wv yesterday morming, it was a balmy -2, it got all the way to 12 at noon.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Man it sure is cold here in So Cal. 60 degrees I had to put my sweatshirt on today! BRRRRRRRRR