I am back to square one on the cooling issue with over $1,000 invested in it (that may be a tad on the conservative side)
1. Extra capacity radiator..........$160
2. LS1 electric fans with VSC.....$200
3. 180° Jet Performance t-stat..$20
4. 170 AMP alternator...............$200+
5. Cowl induction hood ............$475 (was planned as a visual mod but, also became a cooling one to allow the hot air to escape (The cost includes painting but, not 6 hrs of driving time, my time and fuel).
I just got back from Hot Springs, AR for a S-10 meet at the SuperLift off road Park. It is approx 600 miles one way, The temps have been at or over 100° each day, my rig has been cooling well up until now. I experienced temps rising towards 235° while at speeds over 60 MPH
traveling to and from the meet.
I am topped off with a fresh dose of 50/50 green coolant and distilled water. I am running it with Redline Water Wetter! Radiator is full and the efans are both running full time with my override on switch
I can turn off the AC and suffer but, the engine temperature will drop below 210° within a few minutes (seems like hrs to me) and I have to keep an eye on the gauge.
I changed the oil before the trip and used 10-30W SUV Mobile 1 synthetic oil instead of the regular 5-30W Mobile 1 oil.
Any thoughts on the issue? I would try a new t-stat, and maybe looking at crap built up from by off road adventures between the radiator and AC thingy but, I keep my stuff pretty clean.