Photoshop of my "concept"

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Photoshop of my "concept"

Post by 2kwik4u »

This is where I think I'd enjoy driving the crew around. Moreso than the lifted ideas I've had.

Not 100% sure if I'm going to pursue this avenue of modifications, but I like the initial look.

Removed step bars, Chrome grill changed to yellow, 17" Corvette C5 "thin spoke" wheels, and of course the semi-low stance.....roughly 4/5 drop or so. The overall project would be significantly more (clear lights, tint, stereo, sunroof, etc)......This is just the initial thought/look it would have, and knowing the devils in the details, I have a feeling the finished look would be even better than this.

Comments? Suggestions? Errant thoughts?
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

IMO, if you're going to run large Chrome wheels, I'd remove as many black accessories as possible. This will also give the trucka clean look. Safari Bar, Bed Rails, Roof Rack. Maybe paint or buy a body colored hood shield. Paint the flares yellow, and ditch the black door guards. Debadge the truck, and paint the door handles yellow as well. If you can't tell already, I don't really like to mix multiple colors. Either chrome or black, but not both.

For a sport-type truck, I think clean/smooth looks best. :) Just my opinion though. It really depends on what you think will look good, since you're the owner, and will be driving it.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

I totally agree.....Like I said this is a prelim concept photoshop.....If you look at my Xtreme it's all either red or chrome.....no mixing of colors (with the exception of the black mirrors, and tinted windows).

Although I do kind of like the look of the truck with the roof rack, and rails on there....Maybe have those either chromed, or powdercoated silver?!?!
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Looks cool... maybe you might wanna get the 2nd gen cowl hood from goodmark, lose the roof rack, safari bar, door guards, and bug deflector, and paint the bumper and valence yellow . I like the bed rails on there.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

I like and appreciate both of the 4x4 and lowered looks. 8) I wouldn't mind having one of each. :lol: Kinda what I'm doing with motorcycles--Got the Harley and Yamaha 4x4, and now I want a crotch rocket and dirt bike. :wink:

You could always leave some of the items black, (step bars, grill guard, etc), paint the door handles, debadge & etc for the smoothing look, and then get some funky vinyl design placed on it to tie everything together better. Just a thought.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

While I do love lifted trucks, I also like sport trucks. By sport trucks, I don't mean lowriders, I'm mean something similar to the Silverado SS. Stylish, lowered, fast, but functional as well.
--Walt
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Like this :D :D --> Picture from Auto-X about 3 years ago :D :D

I'm torn between two options.....I'm either trading the ZR5 for a GTO, or I'm refinancing the ZR5, and it's getting made into the above picture.....I'm not sure which.
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Heres another one with black ZR1's.....I think this one looks quite a bit better.

Maybe I'll go with these instead?

20Blazer00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by 20Blazer00 »

Those wheels look better but the tires gotta go. White walls are so 60's
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I think you should go with the 35th anniversary edition camaro wheels!

[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I have to agree, black definitelly goes better with yellow than chrome IMO. :) I think the black wheels would look awesome. Then you just need to color everything else that is chrome, like the bumpers and grille crossbar. :)
--Walt
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

20Blazer00 wrote:Those wheels look better but the tires gotta go. White walls are so 60's
Thats intended to be the polished lip.....It was a quick/dirty photoshop that a friend of mine did for me.

I think I'm going to go black on everything trim related. Leave the "safari bar" or whatever the hell they call that thing that holds the lights, on there. As well as the bed rails, and the roof rack.....However lowering, wheels, tint, stereo, and sunroof are all heading this way sometime in the next year or so.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I think the roof rack, bedrails, nerf bars, and safari bar will look good with matching black wheels. :thumb:
--Walt
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Yea the black wheels will go well with the black accessories I think....Although the step bars have got to go. I don't use them at the current height, and my GF is always complaining about how dirt from them gets on the back of her pants when she steps out because she doesn't use them either.

Ultimately it will be spring time before I can do anything, and the wheels might wait until the current tires wear out. SO hell it might be end of next year before I move forward on all taht.

In other thoughts, I found those wheels in 17x9.5 and 17x11 for $895 with tires. 315's in the back will look killer :D :D and 275's up front will look really nice as well I think.
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

if uhh one were to lower their 4x4, would a 275 fit under the front? I know i chewed up 255's on the front of my old zq8 with 2 inch spindle drop....any advice 2qwik?
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

The Sy/Ty guys run a 275 quite often on both 17's and 18" wheels. With lots of drop. I've seen 275's tucked under the front of a Syclone with less than a coke can diameter of clearance between the pavement and the frame rail.

I run 275/40/17's on my ZQ8 truck with 2" 2wd blazer drop spindles with ZERO rubbing problems.
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

yah good point about the syclones :?:

how the heck did you get 275's under the front of the zq8? i had 255's under the front of mine with 2 inch drop spindles, and i was cuttin the crap out of the outside tread block from the fender... got any pictures?
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

I got lucky I suppose. C5 thin spoke wheels, with the Sumitomo HTR-Z 275/40/17's, and a 2.25" adapter in there to correct for the C5's offset. I have ~1/8-1/4" distance between the tie-rod end, and the wheel. It's super tight in there, but has worked out well for me. My biggest problem is when I'm running it really hard. If I have a high laterall G load in a corner, then hit a bump mid-way through the tire will come up and rub on the inner fender well. With that said, my 245/50/16's that I was running on the front on the stock wheels did the same thing. I don't think thats a width issue at all. I should also note that while it's not a problem for me, there are two "clean" spots on the framerail. I expect it's from the tires keeping the dirt off of there, however even in tight turning conditions like a crowded parking lot I can't feel or notice any rubbing problem.