love my new exhaust (Flowmaster super 40)

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

love my new exhaust (Flowmaster super 40)

Post by ace »

I just had to post how much I love my new exhaust. I went with a 2.5 inch in/out flowmaster super 40 muffler. I also purchased the tailpipe from flowmaster out of their Force II kit for the s10. Thanks to Steve's input on this! The tailpipe is mandrel bent too. So obviously it's a single in/ single out. I definitely feel the increase in HP. The sound is the most important fact here but I don't have the means to post sound unless a digital camera with the option of movie sounds ok? If so and someone knows how please tell me. I'll describe it though. The sound is deep and the idle sounds like that of a V8. I read numerous posts about some muffler being too raspy. Well this muffler is not raspy at all. You can hear it in the cab but it's not annoying or too loud. Its just a deep sound. My wife isn't bothered by it either. When you step on the gas it sounds so good!! I also opted to paint the tailpipe black with high temp ceramic paint. I first scoured the pipe just a litte with a scotch brite sponge. Then I used a wax and grease remover. Then I painted it. Everything on my truck is black and red so I really didn't want a chrome tailpipe. Everyone that sees and hears it says it's awesome. The muffler was $75, the tailpipe was $50.00, installation was $75, the sound and increase in HP, priceless!
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Glad to hear you like your new exhaust. :thumb: If your digital camera has the movie option then just get a short clip of your exhaust and go to putfile.com and they will host your video for free. :D

Here is mine again! :D It would probably sound exactly like yours if I removed the resonator. 8)

2001 S10 Crew Cab With A Flowmaster Force II Exhaust System

Steve
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

hows it sound when u stomp on it?
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

It sounded really good when you stomped on it. You could hear it and the sound was deep but yet again still not annoying. My only complaint was that it didn't come in stainless steel. I noticed the welds were starting to rust after one winter. My exhaust sounded very similar to Steve's video above. In person it's obviously better but...
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]