CFM Tech throttle blade and Sonoma96's EGR limiter

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

CFM Tech throttle blade and Sonoma96's EGR limiter

Post by Warnoffroad »

I pulled this old forum up from ZR2.com, and read this stuff about the CFM Tech throttle blade, and Sonoma96's EGR limiter. Is there any other mod I have to do to get the CMF to work? About how much pwoer diff did you see? What does that EGR limiter do? Sorry I didnt read all the threads, ive been sick :cry:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A quick summary: The throttle blade diffuser is there to aid in mixing the egr gasses and equally distribute them to the cylinders.

Without it there is the risk of leaning the front cylinders, or so I was told.

With the diffuser removed, or by adding the CFM throttle blade. There is definately a noticeable difference in throttle response. It is instant throttle. Almost too touchy when it is in low range IMO.

I added the EGR limiter to reduce the amount of EGR gasses being introduced. It was explained that the system was over engineered by 70%. It took quite a while but I finally found the line where I have reduced it and no longer get the SES light. I am using two seperate limiters, one at the LH exhaust manifold and Sonoma96's at the intake manifold.

Now that I have said all of this ...the limiter only applies to the 2001 Crew Cab. The EGR system was redesigned for 2002-up, or so I have been told. As I understand it the valve is inside the intake manifold or in the head? Anyway it is not on the front of the engine like the '96-2001 s-series.

Here is the limiter thread: EGR limiter

Steven is running the throttle blade too. check this thread from the old forum: Throttle blade
Last edited by HenryJ on Wed May 26, 2004 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

So will my truck run fine, and will I get the HP gain with just the throttle blade?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I can't really say on the HP increase. Steven may have a second opinion on that.

There is an increase in throttle response ( not so mushy) and the top end may be a bit better.

As for running fine, :? ...without the EGR restriction I'd be afraid of leaning out the front cylinders.

Steven is running an MSD and he feels that it may help this situation. But I better let him speak for himself. He has been running this mod longer than I.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK