Problems with Exhaust setup...

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

ZR5onandoffroad

Problems with Exhaust setup...

Post by ZR5onandoffroad »

Hey, just registered but have been checkin this site out for about year now... i was wondering if any of you have dual exhaust and if so could i see a picture of your set-up, because i went to 2 shops in the past month and they said they couldnt get duals around my spare tire thats up under the truck.... i have a ZR5 Chevy 2002.... i wanna run single inlet dual outlet... and have the tips come to a 45 degree angle to the back of the truck... Any kind of help would be very appreciated.... :)
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

First off, Welcome to the site and the addiction... :wave:

For the exhaust, You can find a bunch of different posts, links, and video of duals on our s-10's just by scrolling down the "Crew Cab Modification" page and clicking on anything exhaust related. I know Bobblesmitty posted a video of his duals revving up, but I'm unsure if he has a full size spare under the truck or not. :?: I'd also link the various pages with video I found real quick by doing what I mentioned, but it would take too much time to link all the different set ups posted, plus I don't always link it properly. Duals can be done.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Welcome aboard ZR5onandoffroad :wave:

I used to have duals on my 01 CC before I switched to a single exhaust, but unfortunately I never got any pictures of the dual system. :?

I used a Flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler with a single 2.5" inlet & dual 2.50" outlets.

My local exhaust shop did not have any problems routing the pipes on either side and I was using a 31" spare at the time. :wink:

It sounds like you need to go to a different exhaust shop because the other 2 obviously had lazy employees. :roll:

I know there are a few members here who still have dual exhaust set ups, and hopefully they will read this and post some pictures. I believe BobbleSmitty is one one of them. :wink:

I assume you want a dual set up for the sound right? Just so you know a dual exhaust will not make as much power as a single exhaust. They are very close in power output, but the dual set up will lose a little low end power compared to the single.

I've had both on my 01 CC and when I switched from duals to a single I noticed a little more power, however I will admit I did like the sound better with the duals. :wink:

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I'm typing this the second time... my first post didn't go thru for some reason so you get a shortened version now. V-Force Muffler, 2.5" pipes, single inlet, single out let, Y pipe attached after muffler. Cost $200 (not including black chrome stainless steel tips). Custom Setup. Took about a little over an hour to install.

Dual Exhaust Video

I love the sound of the exhaust. You can hear it inside the cab on the freeway but it's not unbearable. You can hear me coming from nearly a mile away! I set off car alarms in the parking garage at school with out trying.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
LonestarZ
Crew
Crew

Post by LonestarZ »

The problem I have with that type of exhaust setup Bobble, it is so easy to crush those tips.

On mine(pics in my sig) I have the tips up in the rear rockers.. leaving maybe a inch or so of exposure with no chance of damage.

Something to think about..
[size=75]Dave

[url=http://www.zr2usa.com/members.php?a=member&id=545]2002 ZR2 5spd[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Yea, I have thought about that, but I am never in a situation to have that happen so it's no big concern. I had thought about routing the tips thru the bumper... Like cut holes in it and have them come out that way.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

the trump card :D

no worries about crushing on that exhaust
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

bwenny247 wrote:the trump card :D

no worries about crushing on that exhaust
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
michaelhrgn
Crew
Crew

Post by michaelhrgn »

i have a single 3'' in duel 2.5 out 40s flowmaster normally have a 30'' spare up there. sounds great . my exhaust guy had no problems at all and it only took him a 1.5 hours and i had it back. i dont like the look of duels coming out the back. so my duels come out the sides almost in the factory spot but both sides

Check out the information forum about how to post an image-HJ