Got Mud Gaurds Today

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

anvil
Crew
Crew

Got Mud Gaurds Today

Post by anvil »

I finally got the mud gaurds installed on my Crew. I got the plain ones from the dealer, not the moulded ones, and without "GMC" on them. They are on, and look good.

While at the dealers, we tried to fit the bed extender in the truck. I have a Roll up tonneau cover made by Access Cover, and the bed extender won't fit. To bad, I liked the idea of the extender, and also the look. The rails for the tonneau come to far into the bed to install the extender.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Got Mud Gaurds Today

Post by Conman »

anvil wrote:I finally got the mud gaurds installed on my Crew. I got the plain ones from the dealer, not the moulded ones, and without "GMC" on them. They are on, and look good.

While at the dealers, we tried to fit the bed extender in the truck. I have a Roll up tonneau cover made by Access Cover, and the bed extender won't fit. To bad, I liked the idea of the extender, and also the look. The rails for the tonneau come to far into the bed to install the extender.

Sorry to here that the extender did not fit. Maybe the factory one is really big. I bet there are shorter ones available.

Take pics of the mud flaps. I'm thinking about a set and want to see how they look.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I recently installed a set of molded splash guards by HuskyLiner. Posted some pics in Jim's thread
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Hey Conman,

Yeah all that waiting to see if the bed extender would fit, and a no-go.

As soon as I get a chance to take a few photos and send them off to you. I'm happy with the way they look, now I have to see how they work. The total price from the dealer for all four was under twenty dollars. From all the chatter here, I was told the moulded GM ones would not fit.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

http://www.bed-extender.com/

try that company. I saw them advertise them that they were with bed covers. only thing is that you have to drill the mounts on the bed and the bar has to be cut down to size. The GM one mounts to the tailgate bracket which is nice.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Thanks Con,

I think I will just forget about the bed extender for now.

I'll wait to get my new Canyon six foot bed, and a hinged bed cover,, and then the bed extender :D