This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

HitchSafe hitch safe

Post by HenryJ »

I finally "invested" in one of these- HitchSafe - Animation - Graphic

Many times we leave the vehicle hiking , boating, exploring, shopping, etc.

I usually carry the keys. I have never been a fan of the magnetic key boxes and this offers a more secure method of carrying valuables, as well as a key.
Now when we go hiking I can drop the keys in the safe and who ever in our party makes it back to the vehicle can get the key to open the truck. No worries of sinking or losing the keys.

The install was fast. It takes only minutes. Fit and finish are very good. Gaskets are supplied to keep it fitting snugly. Plenty of extra to fit all hitches I would guess.

When I am towing a trailer it will go in the front hitch. When I have the winch on the front it can go into the receiver mount for the winch. Always a place for it :mg:

Pretty pricey at $70

I have thought about this one for quite a while though. I came across some "mad money", so this was my madness :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

That actually is not that pricey compared to a window. I was in a bad spot several yrs ago when I took a girlfriend and her sister out to eat. The sister wanted to use my permanent mounted cell phone in my '97 ZR2 and then promptly locked my set of keys inside. It was 55 miles from home and we were at an O'Charleys in a sizable town. Was still a full time cop, called the local PD and no help. Called all the locksmiths......nada.! Finally talked the manager into borrowing his pipe wrench and took out the 3rd door window (thinking it was the cheapest) to gain access. Within the week I got the free key from GM that allowed you to open but not start the vehicle and the 800 # for such services.

Window was $200 and I knew that my relationships with waterfowl were just beginning to get bad :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snowsurfer »

wheres the best place to order one of theses?
Jim

Post by Jim »

snowsurfer wrote:wheres the best place to order one of theses?
ebay
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Save the 70 bucks and just leave your keys in the step bar tube!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]