This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Whatcha think????

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Not much I know but I was just playing in my "backyard"

Got some passenger firewall damage. Gonna have to move the axle forward another inch or finally get around to installing skidz flares.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Sweet!!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
blackflamed
Crew
Crew

Post by blackflamed »

Awesome

Edited- Watch the language this is a family site-HJ
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

:thumb:

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Awesome!

Guess you couldn't keep the tow hooks? :?:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

f9k9 wrote:Awesome!

Guess you couldn't keep the tow hooks? :?:
Who needs tow hooks? He's not going to be getting stuck with that beast! :lol:
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BobbleSmitty wrote:..........Who needs tow hooks? He's not going to be getting stuck with that beast! :lol:
You may be right but, I doubt that you will hear him say that. Most organized OHV clubs do require front and rear recovery points and that is why I had asked. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

WOW! that is amazing! ... maybe I'll get there one day...
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Couldnt keep the tow hooks because of the spring hanger.

Gonna need a custom winch bumper made and gonna have the hooks on there. I met up w/ 1 group here - Victor Valley Offroad. Cool group. Dont know if Im gonna have the time to commit to become a part of em but Im sure that Ill be able to find guys on base to go offroad with.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea, who says leafs don't flex. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Thanks quickbiker. My build is basically the same as yours (not on purpose which is the funny part). The only thing that I took specifically from your build that I didnt originally plan for was the 4.88 gears. Kinda freaky when I compared the parts/plans I had to yours. I ended up changing the front to 44044's but that was cause my original springs were WAAAAY too soft!

I do have a question though. Youre spring over w/ waggy's in front right? You just did stock S10's w/ a 2" add-a-leaf in the rear?

Right now I got all-pro 5" toy springs in the rear and I think theyre a little too soft (250 #/") Got some body roll (nothing i cant handle). Looks like my rear tire is completely stuffed and my front spring (44044's) is flexed to parallel.

Do you think the stiffer rate of the S10's w/ AAL is gonna help w /body roll?

Would the stiffer rate help w/ flex (allow the rear to sit higher as the front goes up)? For some reason this would lead me to believe that if it sits higher Im gonna have problems w/ COG though.

The only thing that makes me think I can get it higher is that the truck was nowhere near tipping over (I just couldnt get that tire higher - that busted car was crumbling under my truck.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Don't worry about doing anything the same, that's why we have these forums, to learn from other successes and failures and get ideas. There's no patent on anything. I've seen allot of SAS jobs, and the one that I really liked was Warn's when he had his 35's, that in my mind was perfect, but, with some goodies on top of that, like spring over, high steer, reverse shackle, etc. What are 44044's? I started out with stock Waggy front, but that was way too soft for my taste, so, he took one of the stock leafs out and put in a extra thick one in it's place, which was perfect since then. I did add myself some leaf clamps to hold it all in place, cause they kept shifting. Haven't shifted since I put those on.

The rear leafs are stock with one tiny thick short leaf added to the bottom, cause they ended up a bit mushy after the extended shackles in the rear, and it was just perfect after that. Also, I am running these in the front, and these in the rear. I was running these in front and back, but they were just too mushy for the front with all the weight up there. Allot of people, especially desert racers, etc, will run stiffer shocks up front, cause a truck has allot of weight up there. I can use all the same shocks in front/back, the same that will fit a Ford F250/350 with 8" lift is what I use.

He was going to swap the rear leafs, but I told him that I wanted the stock, our stock leafs are just awsome in stock form and will flex like crazy. After he really checked them out he agreed. So, the rear basically is just leaf over axle and extended rear shackles with 35's, of course there is allot of cutting/chopping. On the front I am leaf over axle, but the leafs are almost straight, so I get allot of flex from that, cause it's better to be on the straight side than bowed too much, for flex anyhow. Someday I will get a decent spec page.

The only way you will avoid body roll is to get a sway bar under it. I just used a stock sway bar from an 86 Waggy with stock links. And Independent4x welded tabs for it to connect to. It's so easy to disconnect. He did such a great job, when I'm on the level, I just take the link bolts out effortlessly and pull the up and bungee them. Takes no longer than the Jeepers with quick disconnects. And dunno if you have it yet, but to get an even more solid feel for the road, you'll need a track bar. It's really not something that is needed, neither is a sway bar, but I do like a rock solid feel when I'm on the road, and that's what I have now. I can really rock & roll around bends now with confidence. It's sweet. It feels more solid than when I was stock. And I never get that irritating tire squeel around bends when the freak'n ifs gets outa of alignment cause of suspension compression, etc around bends. It's always aligned. My tires wear so true and flat now. I got 24k on my mudders and you wouldn't know it by look'n. I think I'll get at least 40k outa them. I'd get more if I didn't have some much fun hitting some chirps with the detroit in the rear. It's fun climbing those steep WV curvy mountain hills and hit'n the gas for nice chirpage. :evil: :D
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

44044 is the part# for rancho 3" waggy springs. its what I got in front. I think its the same ones that Warn ran.

Im using Bilstein 5150's F/R. Love em actually. Waaay better than the stock junk.

Because of the Toy rear springs w/ a full tank and me the drivers side squats down 1-1.5". Its more of a cosmetic thing and doesnt affect ride quality or anything.

Im still debating on the sway bar. Probably something i am gonna do but not yet. I may go your route (stock waggy sway bar) vs going aftermarket (gets a little expensive).

Yeah, i do the same thing w/ my detroit. I usually do it to scare passengers though. 1/2 way through a turn and hit the gas. banging, chirping, rear getting squirrly.....LOVE IT!

Thanks for the tips. Its not that I was worried about copying anyone, just want one that no-one else has (to a degree). I just thought it was funny that our ideas/looks were the same. Chopping the rear 1/4's, tire carrier rear bumper, etc....
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Hey, hey, the rear leafs aren't junk. :? And the expert that built my truck thinks they're awsome also.