MAF De-Screening

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

T Man
Crew
Crew

MAF De-Screening

Post by T Man »

Was it worth the time and effort? I cleaned my maf today and decided to pop the screen out just to see what happens. I did the TB plate mod at the same time, and I dont really know what im feeling most? I know the smooth idle is because of the clean MAF, and from others experience I know that the TB mod is where the off idle jump is coming from. So, long and short, is the maf de-screen worth it for someone else to do? Any mileage gains etc?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Basically the screen is there to straighten the air flow over the sensors so that the readings are more consistent with the stock paper filter.

It is best to combine this mod with a K&N or similar type filter because the high flow filters have a lot less turbulence than the dry paper filters so the screen isn't needed.

You might gain 1-2 hp at WOT, but that's about it, and I doubt gas mileage will change any.

Removing the screen is just a free mod that helps reduce a little bit of restriction in the air intake system, just don't expect much of a change after removing it. :wink:

Steve
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

I didnt expect anything. I broke it trying to just see how easily it popped out. Ive already got the K&N and the cut airbox.

Im very pessimistic when it comes to mods, especially free ones.