Speed Bleeders

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Speed Bleeders

Post by killian96ss »

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here is some information on stainless steel speed bleeders for people who would like to easily bleed their own brakes. :D

This is copied from my post over at ZR2USA.com where a member recommended using Russell speed bleeders. :roll:

The Russell speed bleeders haver a high failure rate and even when they do work air gets sucked in around the threads back into the calipers even though the coating supposedly prevents this.

Even if you barely over tighten the Russell bleeders the check ball hole will collapse distorting the lower "V" portion of the bolt which causes an uneven seal, leakage, and possible brake failure.

The brake line bleeders that Earls makes are a little stronger due to their design, but still prone to air leaks around the threads.

I have tried just about every speed bleeder on the market and so far all I can say is that "most" of them cause more problems than they solve. :(

With that said I do have some stainless steel speed bleeders made by Speed Bleeder on my SS that have a similar design to the Russel bleeders (check ball & spring) but they are much more durable and the housing does not distort when they are tightened down.

Another plus with the stainless bleeders is that they will not corrode and rust them self into the caliper like so many steel bleeder bolts have been known to do.
:roll:

Steve