Billet Grilles

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Billet Grilles

Post by green02crew »

Has anyone seen the Putco Shadow Billet Grille Insert and how they look? Are they a quality product and easy to install? I was thinking about getting one due to the cheap cost and supposed easy installation.

Putco Grille Website

Where to buy (cheap)
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

I've never seen the Putco grill, but I bought my billet grill on Ebay for about $25. I think it looks just as good as any I've seen anywhere else.
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

eBay here as well. They are all pretty much alike.

[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

That price for the Putco seems expensive for the small insert.
If you want the light to light look like mine, you need to buy a 99-2000 Blazer LS grill and bumper filler strip. Then order a billet grill for the horizontal grill. It shows off more of the bumper.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Well looks like I might have to shop around some more to get a good deal. For those of you that have installed this is it an easy process?
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

20 min. for my install. I was surprised how easy the grill was to remove and replace. Here is an old post on the subject. Billet Grill I got mine from Grille4You also.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]